Monday, March 23, 2009

Trees with Texture!

I needed to make a quick card for a friend today; however, when I stamped the tree top, I felt like it was missing something. I thought about cutting it out and embossing it, but then I had a different idea. I embossed a piece of white cardstock with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder. I inked up my tree top image with dark green ink and then stamped it on the swiss dot embossing. Then I stamped it directly on the tree trunk ~ INSTANT TEXTURE!


EASY PEASY!

ETA: Check out this week's featured products ~ The French Floral Paper Pack & the Le Jardin Stamp set. Both are 20% off this week.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (In the Tree Top); Cardstock ~ Prism; Pattern Paper ~ French Floral by Lizzie Anne Designs; Ink ~ SU; Ribbon ~ May Arts.

7 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

So cute - what a GREAT idea!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, that is sooooo clever!

MichelleY said...

What a cool take on the Kiss Technique! I LOVE how the tree turned out!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

That is totally cool. I love it.

Lila H said...

Brilliant!!!!!! and such a quick textured effect!!!!! thanks for sharing.....

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a super fun idea. It really does make the tree more interesting. TFS

Heather said...

Wow it really does make that tree POP! Great idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs