Friday, March 6, 2009

Inchie Friday ~ Inch by Inch

"YES ~ FINALLY!!!" Those were my son's words when he realized he was finally tall enough (54") to ride Raptor and Mantis at Cedar Point. Our family loves roller coasters & Matt is a total coaster freak! It was torture that he couldn't ride Raptor with all of us ~ but finally it happened ~ thus the name of this page Inch by Inch (perfect for Inchie Friday, don't you think?).


Last summer, we hit Cedar Point on Coaster Mania day, which is a special day set up for coaster club members. We got a family membership for Matt's birthday just so we could go to this event. The rides opened at 6am and we had a blast! Since Matt waited so long to hit that 54" mark, we had to note the occasion with a photograph!

Here is a little better picture of the pages ~ just so you can see all of the elements I've included on this one.
  • I used the white Inchie squares all over the place on these pages.
  • I stamped the cute little inch worm from Lockhart Stamp Company on three Inchie squares, colored them with copics, and then set eyelets in them so I could loop thread through them. I thought this was a fun new way to show off the Inchie squares (new for me anyway).
  • I also used some Inchie squares for the title. I covered them with cardstock & then stamped a background stamp and letters. I also added the little inch worm to the title so it would all pull together.

On the green "Inch" title, I stamped some measurement markings to make the letters pop. I also added one more inch worm Inchie square to the opposite page, so it would match the title page.

This is a bit of a different page for me, but it was fun putting it together. Sometimes I stress a bit about what should or shouldn't go into a page. Then I remember, there really aren't any right or wrong ways to scrapbook ~ so I just need to let go and have fun!

Supplies Used: Inchie Arts ~ White Inchie Squares; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Co, Stampin' Up & Hero Arts (alphabets); Cardstock ~ SU; Ink ~ SU & Copics; Eyelets ~ SU; Thread ~ DMC; Buttons ~ SEI; Die Cut Letters ~ Cricut (Alphalicious cartridge); Cuttlebug embossing folders; Nestabilties.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra, that's an awesome page! You did a great job!

Jenn said...

From what I know of Matt... I can totally hear his exclamation!! LOL!! Great page Kendra!

Anonymous said...

Kendra - great layouts and super clever use of inchies! Your close-up photo really shows how well the eyelets work on Inchie Squares!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Kendra - this is FANTASTIC! Matt looks beyond happy! I love the use of the inchies, the worm, the thread, and the stamping of the measurement on the green letters!

Jenn said...

This is fantastic - love the Inchies on it - it is just perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs