Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just wanted to BUG ya...

Just a quick little card today using Lizzie Anne Designs Cute as a Bug set. The butterfly is actually on the inside of the card. I scalloped the window & then made a frame for the front of the card. I also used a double scalloped edge at the bottom to mirror the scallop above.

Here is a fun little tip for making an easy, peasy frame with your Nestabilities.

Step 1 - Take two Nestabilities shapes and stack one inside the other.

Step 2 - Stack them on the cutting plates. I like to use my Cuttlebug B plate on the bottom and C plate on top so that I can make sure my Nesties don't move.

Step 3 - Remove the inside oval and run it through again if you want to emboss the scalloped edge. Save the oval shape for another project.

Step 4 - Voila ~ A perfect little frame!

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Cute as a Bug); Cardstock and Ink ~ Palette, burnt orange & light yellow; Ribbon ~ polka-dot burnt orange; Nestabilities; glitter pen ~ atyou Spica clear glitter; scallop edge punch.


4 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

Kendra this is adorable! Great job on the tutorial - makes it look easy peasy!

MichelleY said...

Awesome tutorial, Kendra. I really need to get my nesties out and use them more. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Kendra!! Thanks for the tip with the nesties!!

Jen said...

this is a super cute card!! love the tip about the frame too!!:) have a good one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs