Monday, September 21, 2009

Growing in Unity...

Woohooo! It's my turn this week for Growing In Unity & I'm so excited because I've been waiting for months. I'm also excited because i{heart}papers just started stocking a bunch of the Unity sets, so now I can use them for design team projects ~ gotta LOVE that!

Today, I have 3 projects using the Hodge Podge of Happiness set! The images of this set were all selected by Unity customers & I've wanted it ever since it was released, so I was a happy girl when Kate at i{heart}papers ordered it.

On this first card, I wish you could see how the flowers POP. I added Glossy Accents to the center of each and they really look cool IRL. For the background, I used an old retired stamp I had in my drawer ~ it just needed something retro behind the vase of flowers. You could get the same look with another rectangle solid stamp.

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co (Hodge Podge of Happiness set); Nestabilities ~ Labels 8; Ink ~ Palette; Glossy Accents by Ranger.

My next card features the same Unity set. I love this image & it's perfect with this Heidi Grace paper. I added some Breezy Blue Sparkly Fluff from Our Craft Lounge to the sweet little bird & the matching flower sticker to the sentiment.

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co (Hodge Podge of Happiness set); Nestabilities ~ Ovals; Ink ~ Palette; Quickuts Embossing Folder ~ Polka Dot Patterns Lg.

My final project today features the adorable apple image form the Hodge Podge of Happiness set. I love this image that was drawn by Joslyn Neilson. I used some cool lace paper from KI Memories and stitched on a scalloped edge to the card for a bit of extra interest. I then used embossing folder on the label to give it a little punch.

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co (Hodge Podge of Happiness set & Tiny Trinity (leaves stamped on scalloped border); Nestabilities ~ Labels 8; Ink ~ Palette; Quickut Embossing Folder ~ Polka Dots Patterns Small.

Check back all this week for lots more projects during my week of Growing in Unity!


23 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

fun cards! I love that apple stamp!

Lisa Hetrick said...

Great cards Kendra. Love your sense of flair :)

Christi said...

oooh, Kendra... these cards are all gorgeous,but that first card is totally rocking. I love it! smiles....

Diane Jaquay said...

Love these cards Kendra!

Monika in VA said...

Great cards ~ what did you use to make those solid blue blocks behind the flowers?

Chris H. said...

Enjoying your posts!
I discovered a gem of a stamp store in Nashville, IN...trying to share it with all my fellow hoosiers...if you get down this way, check it out...Papertrix

whoistracy said...

These are fabulous Kendra!

Rachel B said...

I absolutely LOVE all 3 of your cards. This is such a great set. Fabulous!

jules said...

Awesome cards, Kendra...can't wait to come back tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the way you coordinate the background papers and elements with the stamped images. Especially love that retro card! Thanks for sharing!

jan farnworth said...

love the card.

Kerry said...

I love that first card! The colors and papers are fab!

Cheri said...

Great cards, Kendra!

Kelly Mahany said...

Great projects Kendra!! You've already inspired me!!

StampinCathy said...

WOW look at all this fabulous UNITY Love all in a row. I just love your creative style with all the images. Can't wait to see whatelse you have for us this week.

Unknown said...

how cute! love what you did

Dawn M said...

great use of this kit!!

Jessica said...

Great cards!!! I just love these, especially the retro flowers one, it's so fun!

Gwen said...

Great cards! So many creative ways to use this Unity goodness!

starqueen said...

Hi Kendra,
I'm loving your take on Unity. Yoir cards are beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!

Ravengirl said...

I love this set! You did some marvelous work with it!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Gorgeous cards, luv the first one!

Jennine Chambers said...

Love your cards. The apple card is great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs