Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Growing in Unity Day 2 ~ Back to School

Here are with Day #2 of my Growing in Unity week and the theme today is Back to School! For all three projects, I used the School Rock Star set. Such great images that are totally made for scrapbooking all those school releated photos & projects.

The more I look at this page, the more I love it! Not only because of the pictures, but I find all the kraft elements fun and interesting. I used the pencil border stamp at the top of the page and just colored in the pencil tip and the eraser. Then I used the ABC stamp to border the bottom edge. I used my watermark ink pad to add some of the supporting images on the kraft background. I love the fun ABC twill from May Arts too ~ a little bit of texture is always a great touch.

TIP: The journaling card originally said "Report Card" at the top, but that didn't apply to my page. Therefore, I covered up the "Report Card" portion of the stamp with Scotch tape, inked my stamp, removed the tape & then stamped the image on my kraft paper. I just cut it out and replaced the piece over the original. I used my Hero Arts little letter stamps to add the new title of the journaling block and to fill in the details for both kids.

My next two projects were designed to coordinate with the scrapbook page above where I added the twill and wood buttons. The notebook has an embossed label to make it pop off the print. I couldn't resist using the Apple image from the Hodge Podge of Happiness set once again ~ it's a school notebook after all! The card uses the same images that I used on my page, lots of scallops and that fun twill again.

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co. (School Rock Star, Hodge Podge of Happiness); Alphabet stamps ~ Hero Arts; Cardstock ~ Olive, Kraft; Pattern Paper ~ Creative Imaginations; Ink ~ Palette, VersaMark, Copic Markers, atyou Spica glitter pen (brown); Twill ~ May Arts; Buttons & linen thread ~ PTI; Sticker Letters ~ American Crafts; Chipboard letters; Nestabilities ~ Labels 1, Rectangle scallop.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra,
Your cards are beautiful!!!

Looking forward to your projects this week~~

Marcy

Kerry said...

Great school items! I love this set...perfect for school layouts!

Cheri said...

I love that page, too, and the steno notebook is awesome!

MichelleY said...

OMW....that scrapbook page is simply ADORABLE! I can't believe how grown up the kids are.

jan farnworth said...

both are just great you did a great job.

i {heart} papers said...

These are awesome! I love that layout!

Kelly Mahany said...

Love your back to school layout and the notebook!

StampinCathy said...

I just love your layout and love the details, colors, and texture. What a great idea to alter the images. Your card and notebook too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rona said...

Nice projects! I haven't used my versamark on kraft yet!! I'll have to give it a try - nice look.

Unknown said...

beautiful Lo and card.

Unknown said...

What a great card/notebook set and a scrapbook layout, too! in school and in style with these awesome projects!

Rachel B said...

Wow. I love the notebook. Too neat!

Dawn M said...

I love that page!! the colors are so great!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great projects Kendra; love them all!

Monika in VA said...

Another rockin' day of Unity Goodness! The LO is fantastic as are the notebook & the card!

Jules said...

Great projects!! I love this stamp set too...cant wait to use it...I purchased it during Angela's garage sale...cant wait to come back again tomorrow!

Jessica said...

great projects Kendra! love the school theme!

Rachel said...

those are fantastic

Gwen said...

Love these projects and layouts! Great work!

starqueen said...

Hi Kendra,
Happy for back to school! Your projects all get an "A" from me!!
Thank you for sharing!

Robynccgirl said...

Great layout! Love it!

Ravengirl said...

These are all great school projects! Love all the kraft!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Lovely LO and luv the projects done with the stamps that you used.

Jennine Chambers said...

Great job with this set! I just love it!

Angie Blom said...

fantastic layout, love it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs