Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Growing in Unity Day 3 ~ Back to Nature

Here we are on Day 3 of my Growing in Unity week. When I think of Unity images, one of the first things I think of are trees and natural images. Unity has GREAT trees & one of my favorite things to do with them is to paper piece with subtle pattern papers as I've done on my first project for today. I took several coordinating papers from the My Minds Eye Freebird Collection & stamped the tree images from the Tiny Trinity set . Then I cut them out and attached them to the tree that I had stamped on the base. It's an easy, but sometimes time consuming task depending on the piece you are cutting. I love how this first card turned out!

My next project also uses the Tiny Trinity set along with a sentiment from the Hodge Podge of Happiness kit. I also used some gorgeous Moss Green Corduroy Ribbon for some great texture.

My last card is actually a layout I've done before, but I like it & wanted to put a little bit different spin on it. I used the Gratitude = Joy set & then added a bit of texture with a Quickuts Diamond embossing plate.


I hope you're enjoying my projects this week! Make sure you stop back tomorrow for some fun little flutterbys ~

25 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Wow! That's some crazy cutting but I LOVE the result. These are all just fabulous.

Cheri said...

Gorgeous cards, Kendra! I love the Tiny Trinity set, and The colors you chose are just perfect. I can't wait for my Hodge Podge set to arrive!

starqueen said...

Oh Kendra,
Those paper pieced trees are lovely!! I like every day in Unity more and more...I couldn't pick just one project if I had to!
Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! I love them all. Your paperpieced tree is awesome!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are all great Kendra!!!

Dawn M said...

I thought I was crazy for cutting out little pieces! I think you have me topped! love your cards. you are rockin your week in Unity!!

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful cards and love the colors. Love how you pieced the trees...you can just see the Unity Love in those.

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG Kendra, I absolutely ADORE these cards (particularly the first two)!

Jessica said...

these are just fabulous, Kendra! I just love your style and great use of color and pattern with these awesome stamps! Wonderful job!!!

Karinn said...

Wow! I love these! Great layouts and, colors and stamps! So cute!!

jan farnworth said...

great theme love all the unity stamps you showcased.

Robynccgirl said...

Great cards Kendra! Wonderful week of Unity!

whoistracy said...

These are fabulous Kendra!

Rachel B said...

WOW. That paper pieced tree on the first one is just awesome! I love all your cards. They are beautiful. That same tree on the second card as the first: a lady had her card published in a mag with this tree upside down like holly. It looked really neat. Just another idea for you with this awesome image!

Gwen said...

LOVE your paper pieced trees...and all the cards...gorgeous!

Ravengirl said...

One of the first stamp sets I bought was Tiny Trinity and then the Dream Tree! Unity makes the best tree stamps! Thanks for sharing such gorgeous cards with us today!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow, you sure do have patience! However, it's worth it as that particular card is awesome. Luv all the cards that you have done.

Unknown said...

just beautiful! I love your cards ;)

Terri said...

Kendra, could you tell me how you do the embossing with the quickutz, do you need a special spacer? And what machine do you use? Thank you.

Jennine Chambers said...

Great cards. I love the unity trees!

Rona said...

Great cards!! You have a very good eye for detail. Everything works together perfectly.

Gretchen said...

Those trees are Fabulous!! I love the paper pieced one especiallY!

Angie Blom said...

I tried posting all this week and it has not worked.. but you are doing some amazing projects. I love looking at everything, lots of yummy detail. fantastic work Kendra. hope this works.

Kerry said...

Fabulous cards! I love how you cut the individual leaves out on that middle tree...gorgeous! I think you need to submit that first card! :)

Unknown said...

So cute! Love your paper piecing on those trees!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs