Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Challenge & Some CANDY!

DON'T FORGET TO READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END!

Each month, the i{heart}papers design team has a team challenge and this time it's the ABC/123 Challenge. I didn't get it at first either ~ but here are the guidelines. You use just one sentiment (that's the ABC part), two embellishments, and three layers (including the card base)! Talk about a challenge for me ~ WOW!

So on my card, I used one of the new sentiments from the Into the Forest set by Chicken Girl Design Stamps. I also added the sweet little flower at the bottom of the card ~ not too sure if I was supposed to do that or not ~ LOL! The two embellishments are the ribbon and button and the three layers are the card base, the pattern paper, and the label with the sentiment.

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Chicken Girl Designs (Into the Forest); Pattern Paper ~ My Minds Eye (Grow); Ink ~ Palette & atyou Spica Glitter pens.

You'll have to go check out what all the other girls did today ~

Carolyn (bklynstamper)

Cathleen (Crooked Card Creations)

Deb (With a Stamp and a Song)

Gretchen (Happiness Is. . .)

Lynn (Stamperosity)

Megan (Megan Lock Designs)

Tracy (Who IsTracy?)

Loretta (Love To Create)

Judy (Joy in a JAR)

Tammy (Stamp Happy)

Lori (Inking Aloud)

Kate i{heart}papers Blog



OK ~ so now it's time for CANDY! WOOHOOO! I have the new Hugs from a Bug set up for grabs from Chicken Girl Design Stamps. (You remember that cute little bee I posted yesterday ~ YUP, that's the set!) Just leave a comment anywhere on my blog before Thursday, August 27th at 9pm Eastern. Please make sure you leave contact information or that you are signed in on blogger when you leave your comment.

22 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Awesome card! I've not heard of this challenge either. I love the whole layout of your card.

Cathleen said...

This is so cute Kendra, love the paper!

Candy said...

I love the paper also. A very cool card.

Deb said...

This is darling, Kendra! I love the ribbon/bow and the shaped sentiment! That paper is such fun, happy paper!

connie said...

Great job on the challenge. Love your card.

Jaspere said...

You made this look easy. Great papers and design. Adorable.

LorettaL said...

I Just LOVE that dp! Wonderful challenge card.

jennie black said...

Darling..... so simple. I have a problem with simple. You make it look so easy. Jenniebstampin@aol.com

Judy Rozema said...

Very cute card, Kendra!

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE card, Kendra! I LOVE that MME paper!

whoistracy said...

This is so cute Kendra!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

How sweet, thanks for offering blog candy Kendra. I think I may try this challenge - and for me it's a challenge too!

HolyCute said...

That's a great giveaway!! Love this set... THANK YOU! :)


sarit.gabay1@gmail.com

Cassi said...

i love the ribbon right through the button -- looks great!

Anonymous said...

love your card, especiall the ribbon button treatment. very cute! susanne.sorensen@comcast.net

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Kendra! Love that pretty paper! xx

Lori said...

What a sweet card, Kendra! I really like the ribbon/button combination.

creativearts said...

Your cards are lovely! The blog hop has been fun.
Eleanor
craftsbyej@aol.com

yvette said...

As always Kendra inspirational. Love your cards with my morning coffee.

Linda said...

Very cute card....btw love that little bee card too!! :)

Carrie said...

Hugs from a Bug - what a cute set. Thanks for the chance

Anonymous said...

Sweet card Kendra! I like that kind of challenge!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs