Saturday, February 23, 2013

love is in the air...

This month on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog, the theme is Love in the Air.  I decided that since Valentine's Day is over, I would go a different direction with my card and use a sentiment with the word "Love" in it (from the Dreamy Daisy set) & the die cut butterfly represents the "in the air" part.  The flower image is from the Silhouette Wildflowers set (Sheena's A Little Sketchy Collection).



So here's how I made the background... first I selected my Spectrum Noir markers.  You'll want to pick several shades from 2 coordinating color groups.  I selected oranges (OR1, OR2, OR3) & gold/browns (GB2, GB3, GB4, GB6, GB7).  I started with the darkest shade of orange (OR3) on the bottom of my circle and colored back and forth a few times with the chisel tip.  Then I add the next color (OR2) and then the lightest orange (OR1).  When coloring just go to the edge of the previous color and then color in a circular motion to blend the colors.  Then I started adding the gold/brown colors the same way.  I used the lightest markers (OR1 & GB2) to do most of the blending.  Just keep adding color until you get it to look the way you want.  It's really easy and it's a great way to practice your blending.


Once the background was done, I stamped the floral image & the sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.   The die cut butterflies were added by using a small glue dot in the center and I added a black gem to the center.

I decided to make a second card to practice a bit more with shading, but this time I used a sentiment from the Sentiment Swirls set.




Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I love this Kendra! Beautiful!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Ooooooooooh. Love this...striking with that silhouette stamp against that great background.

Jane Elizabeth France said...

this is gorgeous Kendra. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs