Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Craft Lounge ~ Sneak Peeks & some photos...

First off ~ I have a fun new set to show you from Our Craft Lounge. It's called The Bees Knees. How cute is that title for a stamp set? Do you know what it means (originally I didn't, so I thought I would ask you). Well it means ~ Excellent or High Quality ~ who knew?

Anyway, this fun new set is by a brand new artist for Our Craft Lounge & she is FABULOUS! Her name is Debbie Corbari & I adore her new designs! You might be able to see that I used some of the new Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff on the bee hive ~ too cute. Do you have some the of the Fluff yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ~ IT'S FANTASTIC!

We will have sneak peeks all week ~ you can check out the following blogs for more fun peeks:

Cami
Denise

Yesterday's Event ~ Race for a Cure!

So yesterday, my husband, kids and myself walked in the first ever Northern Indiana Race for a Cure. It was great and I thought we all did very well. Here we are at the starting line just before the race.


This picture is when we were on the Survivor Rally. As a 3 1/2 year survivor, it was cool to be part of the sea of pink!

We had an unseasonably warm day for late-April. Thankfully, it was a bit overcast, so it wasn't too hot. Here is a picture of the pink trail of people behind us on the River Walk in downtown Mishawaka, Indiana.


A life lesson ~ At one point during the race, my son (9 years old), saw a shortcut that we could take. I simply told him that sometimes we have to take the harder or longer roads in our lives. Since I didn't get to take any shortcuts during my treatments, maybe we shouldn't take any today during the race. He agreed...

I was very honored to be part of the walk this year. It's not just a "walk" for my family, it is literally is a "Race for a Cure". I pray all the time that there will be a cure ~ not only for me but for those who will follow.

I am so fortunate to have raised $755 as of last night & I'm thrilled to say that most of that money will be used right here in the Northern Indiana area. How thrilling it is to know that the cancer center where I received treatment, will benefit from my walk.

9 comments:

Debbie Corbari said...

Hey Kendra! Looks like you had a great day for a walk and what a beautiful Family you have!!!

I am SO diggin' your card! LOVE IT! You completely ROCK!! Thanks babe! You are da BOMB!

Pam said...

Great minds, huh kendra?! We love the bees, LOL!! Love your sweet card!

I'm so proud of you and your family, you look great in your survivor tee!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Congrats on the funds for the treatment center! I live just a couple hours south and west of you and we had our local March of Dimes walk Saturday.

Unknown said...

Your bees are rockin my friend! Thanks for all your help with this release. And, congrats on your treatment center too... your family is gorgeous! Love ya sweet friend!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Kendra - LOVE your card - it is THE BEES KNEES!! :)

Congratulations to you and your family for doing the walk - and raising so much money. FANTASTIC!

Kisa Peters said...

That Bees Nees card ius PERFECTION!

Love the family pics in pink too! So cool you all helped out!

whoistracy said...

What a great cause Kendra! And a wonderful "lesson", too.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh this card is ADORABLE!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

fun card!
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us and life lesson.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs