Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Marching Band: Freshman Year Pages

I finally found some time to get a few more pages finished on my daughter's Marching Band scrapbook.  She is finishing up her Junior year... so it's time to get busy so it's done for graduation next year.

I showed the first several layouts about a month ago (click here to view), but haven't had a chance to share any others until today.   Other than the formal portraits and miscellaneous full-page layouts, the majority of the album(s) will be pocket pages like I'm showing here today.  I enjoy scrapbooking this way because it is usually a bit quicker and I can use more of my photos.  Some pages may not have anything other than photos and some may have a bunch of pockets of journaling, patterns, stamping, memorabilia or ... whatever I want.

So here we start at the beginning of freshman year... SUMMER BAND CAMP (July 2011).  Two weeks of intense training, playing, marching and FUN!  It's also a great way to meet 200+ friends before your very first day of high school! 





I used lots of different styles of page protectors throughout the book.
I love stamping and adding texture with embossing folders.
Those are both things I will do throughout all of her marching band pages.



A few stamps, inks, embossing folders, die cuts and embellishments = Easy Peasy Pages!




I LOVE WORD STAMPS!!!
Technique Tuesday and Paper Smooches have some fun ones out.



Project Life Amusement Park set has some fun cards.
I jsut added some stamps, stickers and some journaling to the cards.




Our local scrapbook store had some Concord High School pattern paper in a few different designs! Perfect for marching band, sports, graduation or other school activities.



The competitions begin...



I had some schedules to add to the book so I trimmed them down and added them to an 8 1/2" x 11 piece of cardstock and then put the inside a regular page protector.  That's the nice part about having a 3-ring binder ~ you can mix and match page sizes.




I had digital copies of her locker signs from each season so I printed them off on my photo printer and added them to her book.




So those are my pages for today!  I'll be back with more... lots more to do!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs