Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Rubber Cafe ~ Creative Cafe Kit for March

Hi Friends... I'm here today to share my first card with the new Creative Cafe Kit for March by the Rubber Cafe.  It's called Fashionable Accessories and it's just filled with lovely girly images & sentiments.

The main stamp set for the kit is called Friendship is the Best Accessory and the rose bouquets I stamped are from that set.  I inked them up in Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink and then heat embossed them with clear powder.  After that, I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut them with my scissors.  Once those were finished, I set them aside and worked on the rest of the pieces of my card.

To get started, I cut the card base and mats needed for the card: Kraft (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") and scored in the center; blueish/green cardstock trimmed slightly smaller than the card base; white embossed cardstock, 4" x 5 1/4".    I also trimmed the circles and scallop circle with dies and attached them together.


Since the white embossed cardstock was a bit too white for the card, I took some sage green chalk and applied it to card panel.  Then I attached it to the bluish/green panel.


Next, I decided to make the white seam binding ribbon a coral color to match the card a little better.  So I used a coral marker and colored it.  I tied the ribbon around the panels and secured it with some jute from the kit.  Then I attached that panel to the card base. 


To jazz up the white roses in the kit, I used a paint brush to add Memento Angel Pink ink refill to the each petal.


For the second rose, I added the Angel Pink and then painted on Memento Rose Bud ink refill to the edges.


I used the flower stem wires to attach them to the knotted ribbon.


Once I added the layered circles to the card with foam dots, I attached some of the Vintage Lace banner stickers from the kit and then attached my stamped roses with foam dots.



Have fun with this super girly kit!!  It will be perfect for Mother's Day!

Supply List:
Creative Cafe Kit ~ Fashionable Accessories (Stamp set - Friendship is the Best Accessory); Cardstock; Roses; White Seam Binding; Pattern Paper & Card Stickers - Bazzill Vintage Lace; Jute).

Ink ~ Memento Luxe (Rich Cocoa); Memento Ink Refills (Angel Pink, Rose Bud)

Foam 3D Dots

1 comment:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Kendra!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs