Monday, March 31, 2014

Taylored Expressions April Sneak Peeks: Silhouette Stems

Welcome to day #1 of the Taylored Expressions April Release sneak peeks!  I am still over-the-moon excited to be part of the AMAZING Baker's Dozen Design Team and this release is a blast!

For my first card today, I used the Taylored Expression Dies called Silhouette Stems 5 and Various Vases along with a sentiment from the new set called Greetings for Her ~ both being released Thursday, April 3rd.  



For my card today, I decided to try a new die cutting technique that is very trendy right now called Inlaid Die Cutting.  It takes some planning and thought, but the results are pretty cool!  

Here's how I made it:
  1. I started with a piece of white cardstock and trimmed 2 identical pieces to the finished size (approximately 3 1/2" x 4 3/4").  Set one piece aside.
  2. I used one of the vases from the Various Vases die set, and placed it in the correct spot on one piece of the white cardstock & ran it through my cutter. 
  3. Next, I added the flower (Silhouette Stems 5) and placed it where I wanted it on the finished piece & ran it through my cutter.  Once it was cut out, I removed any excess cuts that didn't fall away after trimming.
  4. Attach the 2 pieces of white cardstock (die cut piece on top).
  5. Using the Doodlebug Springtime 6x6 paper pad, I decided which papers I wanted to use for the flower, stem and vase & trimmed each with the same dies I used in steps #2 and #3.
  6. Once each piece was trimmed in pattern paper, I added adhesive to all the pieces and placed them inside the previously die cut base.  Kind of like those beginner puzzles for little kids.  Note: I had to trim the green stem of the flower so the vase would be smooth.
  7. I trimmed a Chevron Border in pink cardstock and added it to the vase for decoration.
  8. I added the sentiment using the new Greetings for Her set and trimmed it using the Bloomin' Stacklet 2 die set.  Added a circle punch behind it & then a bow on top.



For my second card today, I highlighted several new products coming out this week.   Once again I used the Various Vases die set and for these flowers I used the Silhouette Stems 4 die.  I also used the fabulous new Spotted Cutting Plate and embossed it rather than cutting out the circles.   



For the sentiment, I used the beautiful set called Care & Comfort II stamp set and trimmed it out using the From Me to You die.  This great new set had 9 sentiments and verses that express love, hope and prayers for those going through a difficult loss.





Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! 

Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

All of the new products being shown today through Wednesday will be released this Thursday, April 3rd.



Now it's time to hop around to see what everyone else is sharing today!




Supply List: {Sneak Peek Products are listed above & will be added here after the release}

6 comments:

Kathy JH said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for the step by step instructions. I love seeing others' thought processes! The inlaid look is fabulous

Courtney K said...

love your bright and fun first card - so cheery!! and your second card has such a warm and thoughtful look to it.

barbara macaskill said...

LOVELOVELOVE your second card!! The kraft with the blue just makes my heart sing!!!
I love the puzzle one also and the step by step is great! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards!!! The kraft and blue is soooooo country shabby chic! I love it! Great cards. Happy Release Week Kendra! :-)

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Kendra...I just love the embeded flower diecut...what a cool looking technique!!! Your second card is simply stunning with such beautiful colors and papers...I think the flowers and vases are my new favorite diecuts!!!

Parker said...

The brightness of your first card is such an attention-getter. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs