Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Taylored Expressions March Sneak Peeks: In Flight Cutting Plate & Beauty Lies Within

Welcome to the final day of sneak peeks for the Taylored Expressions March Release.  The release will be TOMORROW (Thursday, March 6th at 10:00 ET) ~ WOOHOOO!  However, before we get the release, we have more stamps and dies to sneak peek today!


For my first card today, I used the new In Flight Cutting Plate along with Shade Tree Sentiments stamp set.  To make my pink background, I used three colors of Memento Luxe Ink (Angel Pink, Rose Bud and Lilac Posies) and gently sponged diagonally from lightest to darkest from the outside corners to the center.  Each time I added a darker color, I went back over with the lighter shade so they would blend.  I think it turned out rather pretty.  Once it was dry, I placed the In Flight Cutting Plate over the inked cardstock and zipped it through my cutting machine.  I used my fingers to pop up the wings of the butterflies.



I wanted to use the Shade Tree Sentiments set for my card; however, the Thinking of You sentiment was too long for the space I had.  Therefore, I decided to split up the sentiment.  Here's how I did it... I covered the "of you" portion of the sentiment with tape and inked up the "Thinking" portion of the stamp.  I then took off the tape and stamped it on the card panel.   Next, I made sure the stamp was very well cleaned, I covered the "Thinking" portion with tape and inked up the "of you" portion.  I removed the tape and then lined up the sentiment under what I previously stamped.  I like using tape so that I don't over ink ~ just make sure you remove the tape before you stamp.  Also, make sure your sentiment is lined up properly on your acrylic block.  Then I sprinkled the sentiment with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

I used a polka-dot embossing folder for the pink layer of my card so the butterflies would have some texture behind them.  Then as a final touch, I added clear and black rhinestones to several of the butterflies on my project.



For my second project today, I made a gift box and matching note card using two new die sets ~ Beauty Lies Within and Bloomin' Stacklets 2.  I also used the sentiment from the Shade Tree Sentiments set.  The gift box we something I purchased at the local craft store and then I tied a few coordinating ribbons around it, trimmed the dies and attached them with foam dots.  On the card, I did the same thing (minus the ribbon) and then added the sentiment inked with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink.  A very quick clean and simple project!



Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways!  
Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.  All of the new products being shown this week will be released this Thursday, March 6th



Now I know you'll want to take a peek at all of the other fun products being featured today by the wonderful Baker's Dozen team...

Supply List:



8 comments:

Kerri said...

Your sponging looks beautiful on your first card, Kendra and I LOVE the little gift set you created! What a great color combo!

Kathy JH said...

Great cards and I love that gift box - really nice!

Natalie said...

Love the simplicity of the butterfly card! Very pretty. Your gift set is great too!

Heather said...

I cant say enough how much I love that butterfly die. So many different variations of this die!!! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

barbara macaskill said...

Your In Flight card is absolutely gorgeous and I also love your second card and box. The In Flight Dies and Overlays are definite MUST HAVES!!! TFS!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful!

Kristie W. said...

Your butterfly card is stunning!! I love what you did with the background, will have to look for those inks!

Love your second project as well. So clean and crisp!

Melissa said...

Awesome card Kendra! I am in love with so many things from this TE Release. Trouble for the old wallet!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs