Friday, September 3, 2010

CAS Vintage

I think Clean & Simple (CAS) paired up with the word Vintage is a contradiction in terms ~ what do you think? However, that's kind of how I do things. I'm totally NOT a vintage girl (which you already know) but it seems when I try to do that style, it turns out to be clean and simple with a vintage feel ~ so that's my new term CAS Vintage ~ LOL!

My card for today is based on the newest OCL weekly sketch challenge that begins today. I used the new Vintage Traveler set along with two older sets called Life is... & The Journey. These two scrapbooking sets work so perfectly with the OCL vintage sets. You probably can't see it from the photograph, but this card is super sparkly since I sprayed some Gold Shimmer Spray on it ~ kind of cool & way outside my comfort zone!

All righty then ~ it's your turn to go look at the OCL Sketch and come up with your own card. I can't wait to see it!

Oh & guess what? OCL has three new guest designers who started this week ~ Latrice Murphy, Lori McAree, and Mercy Kiren. A big OCL welcome to you girls!

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Our Craft Lounge (Vintage Traveler, Life is, The Journey); Vintage Lace ~ Kaiser; Ink ~ Palette; Pattern Paper ~ October Afternoon (Thrift Shop); Spray Shimmer ~ Tsukineko (Gold).

7 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love the vintage looks to this. Great card Kendra.

Joy said...

Kendra, this is seriously GORGEOUS!!!! I looooove this look and you ROCKED the vintage!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Love this card, Kendra!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Oh Kendra, I totally understand your idea of CAS Vintage because I cannot completely get into the vintage either. Absolutely love this card. It is just elegant !

Memories of Time said...

BOMB DIGGITY BABY!! LOVE it when you do vintage and break all your rules!!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card Kendra!!!

Pattie said...

Oooh so pretty - I love it and that's how I describe my style sometimes too! Great card!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs