Friday, November 21, 2008

Inchie Friday ~ Thanksgiving Photo Blocks!

Quick reminder that today is the last day for blog candy ~ post until midnight (eastern time) & I'll post the winner tomorrow. (Blog Candy details are included in my posts from earlier this week).

OK ~ now on to my Inchie Friday creation for this week. You know by now that I LOVE coming up with new ideas for my photographs. These stamped images from Lockhart Stamp Company just scream fall, harvest, and Thanksgiving ~ so I really wanted to do a 3D photo project with them. Thus, the Thanksgiving photo blocks. So FUN! They can be used as place cards or just a fun fall decoration.



I found the wood blocks at Hobby Lobby for $.79 each. They are 1 1/2" cubes. On the top of each block, I printed out pictures of our family. Make sure you print images that you don't need to crop much. Otherwise the subjects faces will be HUGE. I printed mine off so 6 photos would fit on one 4"x6" piece of photo paper. I just had to trim off the bottom of each photo and they were perfect. I picked out 4 current photos (within the last year) for this project.

After I attached the photos to the tops of the blocks, I added some textured cardstock to the opposite side. For the names, I used white Inchie squares from Inchie Arts. I added the Itty Bitty checked border stamp and then used my small Hero Arts alphabet to stamp the names of each family member. I added these to the front of each photo block.

On the back of each block, again I used white Inchie squares and added the same border with the date of the photos/projects. Don't forget to add dates to your projects & pages. It's makes things so much easier through the years when you try to identify the details of each photo.

These great images are both Itty Bitty stamps and large stamps from Lockhart Stamp Company & I colored all with my fabulous Copic Markers.

To use a large stamp on the Inchie squares it's super easy. Included with the Inchie Papers by Inchie Arts, there is a little yellow 1" square of tinted acetate. This handy little tool is perfect for determining which area of a stamp will show up on your Inchie square.

The next step is to ink up your stamp and lay the stamp rubber side up on a flat surface. Then carefully lay your Inchie square on top of your inked stamp and press gently.


Voila! You have a great stamped image. It's amazing how capturing just part of the image makes it look totally different.

Just a quick note about the white Inchie squares ~ White Inchie Squares are made of the highest grade Alphamat Artcare museum quality preservation matboard. The material has a solid white archival core and is acid free and lignin free, as well as fade and bleed resistant making it a very desirable art surface. Because it is a bright white it is well suited for direct application of many different art mediums including rubber stamping, markers, colored pencil, watercolor paints, embellishment or collage materials applied to it's surface and sides.

Supplies Used: white Inchie squares ~ Inchie Arts; Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Pattern Paper ~ Pink Paisley; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Company & Hero Arts (alphabet); Inchie tinted acetate (from the Inchie Papers pack); square scallop ~ Stampin' Up!

12 comments:

Bunny B said...

This is neat! Great idea!
bunnybx at gmail . com

Tracey said...

Love these! What a fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing how-to inch it:)
jerryb17011@yahoo.com

MichelleY said...

GET OUT! Not only are your photo blocks AMAZING....but I LOVE how you created your own inches!!! Simply BRILLIANT!

Leeann said...

Soooo creative and pretty too! Leeann
South Shore, KY

Anonymous said...

Loved how the blocks turned out!! GREAT. jerryb17011@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely clever. I just LOVE the blocks that you created and how you made your own inchies. You are my inspiration.

isabelzito at comcast dot net

Vicki G said...

OMGosh! These are adorable Kendra!

Anonymous said...

oh, i love this! how fun!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, these blocks are adorable! Great gift ideas!

Debbi T said...

These are AWESOME, Kendra!!!! What a great idea this is!!!

CreativeMish said...

These are fabulous! Wonderful Idea for Thanksgiving!
I received my package in the mail today. Thanks for the fabulous card and stamps! Love them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs