Friday, November 14, 2008

Inchie Friday ~ Fall is in the Air!

Yes, it's still Inchie Friday! I'm just a little later than normal today. But here we are smack dab in the middle of fall and I couldn't wait to scrapbook these pictures I took last month when Tim & I were in Wisconsin. The colors on these shots are so vibrant and crisp ~ they give me chills!

The sun decided to peek out yesterday off and on, so I ran outside and took a picture of my page. Not the greatest shot (because I didn't really want to lay down in the wet grass), but at least it's brighter!

I really wanted to not only highlight the great photos on this page, but also the journaling ~ much like I did on my WICKED page a few weeks ago. If you notice, I used my Inchie squares to anchor the page with a triangle design trick, which I often do. It pulls your eye from the top of the page down through all the elements of the page. The Inchies are in a set of three, as are the brads and groups of circles. In design, odd numbers work well to bring balance to the subject.


The Itty Bitty stamp I used on this page is actually called Lavender (by Lockhart Stamp Company); however, I thought it looked like a perfect fall image because it looked like wheat! Sometimes you just need to look beyond an image to see what other options you have!

Below is a photo of the page before I added the brads and pops of color that this page needed. It's amazing what just a few little things can do to a page to make it stand out.

Thanks for stopping by! Next week I'll have a cool photo cube place card, just in time to decorate your Thanksgiving Table!

Supplies: White Inchie Squares ~ Inchie Arts; Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Company; Brads ~ Stampin' Up!; Lettering ~ Cricut.

5 comments:

Tweetpea said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful fall photos with us. Your pages look beautiful.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com

CreativeMish said...

WOW! beautiful fall photo's

Anonymous said...

The brads and the frames did make it come to life.

JenB

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

How did I miss this??!! These pictures are beautiful! That's the thing I miss most about MI is the deep rich colors of fall.

MaGoooo said...

I LOVE what you do with inchies!! CUTE pages!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs