Saturday, November 8, 2008

Family Calendar...part 1

It's that time of year again when I begin working on our family calendars for this year's Christmas presents. Well this time around, I had an added bonus. I incorporated my family calendar with my stamp club project. Woohooo!

Last night I had 8 ladies over to work on their own calendars. They all enjoyed the class and left with 12 completed scrapbook pages (minus the photos) and a preprinted 2009 calendar to put them on. I kept the stamping to a minimum so they could finish all 12 pages (and they did). I have a great group of ladies who come to stamp ~ thanks ladies, I had a blast!

This first page (for January) uses the new Baja Breeze textured cardstock and the Designer series Ski Slope paper from Stampin' Up! I also added a felt snowflake and rhinestone brad.

February's sweet page includes just a few pieces of the Bella Rose pattern paper on the new Pink textured cardstock and highlights the large wide oval and small oval punch. As a nice touch, I used 2 stacked flowers from the new Flower Fusion felt flowers set & attached them with a pink brad.

The page for March was super simple too. I used the new In Color Kiwi Kiss with the Hawaii Papaya Designer Series paper. Then using the 5-petal flower punch I punched out two flowers, stacked them and added a stamped flower to the center. Easy Peasy...

A note about my calendars ~ I always make scrapbook pages and add them on the calendar pages later. Why? 1) They are easier to work with; 2) I like using textured cardstock; and 3) when the year is over, the pages can be taken off the calendar and put inside a scrapbook. I give my calendars as gifts each year and every few years I give the recipiant a new scrapbook so they can add the pages to it. It's a great way to save the work & it will be enjoyed for years to come.

Tune in tomorrow for the next three calendar pages...

1 comment:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Awesome! Kendra - your scrapping always makes me SMILE!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs