Monday, November 30, 2009

Lizzie Anne Sketch Day

Today it's my turn for the Lizzie Anne weekly sketch challenge #105. Today's extra challenge is to use dry embossing on your card. Either templates or embossing folders are fine.

I changed up just a few things from the sketch on my card today ~ first I rounded all the corners of the card using my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. I had a little extra time this weekend and went blog surfing. While doing that, I found tons of inspiration on Jennifer McGuire's blog & she rounds corners A LOT! {WARNING ~ you may see several cards in the upcoming days with rounded corners ~ LOL!} I also changed the shape for my stamped image from a square to a Nestabilities square label. Then for the embossing, I used an embossing folder for the background.

I'd love to see what you come up with for the challenge ~ make sure you link your card over on Lizzie Anne Land. It's a pretty simple sketch, so try and think outside the box!

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (December Monthly Mix - Celebrate); Cardstock & Ribbon ~ PTI; Ink ~ Palette, Copics; Nestabilities ~ Label Dies; Quickuts Embossing Folder; Kaiser gems ~ brown.

2 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Oh, sometimes simple really is best! Pretty card.

stampmonkey said...

What a fresh and fun card --great color combo, and I love that embossing folder (just got it but haven't used it yet)! I really like the sketch too! tfs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs