Friday, March 21, 2008

Quiet Time...

This fun little card is dedicated to my sweet friend Lana who needs some serious QUIET TIME! A few years ago when I was going through Chemotherapy, I was fortunate enough to get away for a weekend to the SU Regional event in Wisconsin. Even better, I met my friend Lana for the first time. It was a pretty big trip for me since my body was going through such a huge ordeal. As much as I didn't want to, I had to rest as often as possible because I was exhaused. So Lana would go up to our adjoining room and keep me company. Now every time we get together, we usually take a little break just the two of us & we joke often about it. Love you Lana Sue!!! This card made me think of you!

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps; Cardstock ~ Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper ~ Paper Salon; Ink ~ Palette Black & Copics; Ribbon & Brads ~ SU.

8 comments:

Dana said...

TOO CUTE! I love that hammock Riley! I can't wait for mine to arrive! What color copics did you use on him? He looks awesome!

suthnheart said...

kendra, that's a sweet card but it's an even sweeter story. just one of the many reasons we love our Lana. :)

hugs!
marcia

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE this card - LOVE everything about it. That Lana is a good egg, too! HUGS!

Lana said...

Hiya Kendra Sue! Yes! You are my very favorite quiet time buddy! I really enjoyed having our little quiet time together and who would have thought it would become something we both shared at our get togethers! I also remember that it took me and QC what 5 hours or so to get to Milwaukee when it was normally an hour and a half! I was so thankful we were finally at the hotel and you came up behind me squealing and hugging me! FRIENDS FOREVER Kendra Sue!

Erika M. said...

I just love all the new Riley stamps - can't wait to get my hands on some.

Debbi T said...

YAY Kendra! LOVE this card.....somehow the hammock makes me think of ..... me! LOL!! I'm missing my "hammock time" this year - and I missed it last year - but it was worth it cuz I got to SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!!! :D

Love you my friend!

Sandy said...

I love this image. I don't see how I missed it when I ordered some others at ePaperie. He is a must have.

Kristi said...

Very nice. I just love the bg paper. Love your coloring too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs