Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sweet Treats Popcorn Box!

Hello Friends!  I'm excited to share a project and tutorial today using a new product coming out this week for Crafter's Companion called the Sweet Treats Board.  It goes along with The Ultimate Tool and it is SUPER EASY to use!



Step 1: I set up The Ultimate Tool and inserted my new Sweet Treats board in place. 
The corners have cutouts and hold into place securely.

Step 2: Next I cut a piece of 12x12 kraft cardstock along one side so it was 8 1/4" x 12" so it would fit snugly in The Ultimate Tool.

Step 3: Using the small stylus that comes with The Ultimate, I scored/traced the Popcorn Box image using the Sweet Treats Board as my guide.  The picture below is one side, you'll need to do this 2x for your box.




Step 4: Using the mouse cutter, I cut along the scored lines but kept it on my board to use it as a pattern.  I trimmed and cleaned up a few of the edges with my scissors.


Step 5:  I repeated this for the other half of the box but did not cut out the bottom of the box on the second set of cuts.

Confession: I realized I didn't have another piece of the same color kraft cardstock so I had to trace it again and the second time I did it, I did not trace the scallop top.  I forgot to take a new photo...


Step 6: I selected some cute Valentine paper from Doodlebug and then used the Sweet Treats Board again to traced a pattern for the pattern paper for each side of my box.  Then trimmed the pattern paper with my paper trimmer so it would be slightly smaller to show a kraft edge.


Step 7: Once my pattern paper was trimmed to the correct size, I taped it to a coordinating piece of paper using the EZTear Tape (LOVE THIS STUFF!  It really helps hold things in place and doesn't ruin your paper).



Step 8: I trimmed out 4 pieces of pattern paper for the sides of the box.


Step 9:  I assembled my box with the Red Liner Tape so it wouldn't fall apart!

Step 10: I added some fun touches to the box.  The red scallop border is embossed with the Petite Dots Embossalicious Folder and then I added a sentiment from the Everyday Sentimentals set called Imagine using the Rose Bud Memento Luxe Ink.



And there you go ~ pretty cute huh?  I'll have more fun tutorials & projects using these fun boards in the coming months.



1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Yummy box. Love the colors.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs