Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy 1st Day of School!!!

It's August 22nd and the first day of school!  I'm a little sad because I wonder where in the world summer went; however, I'm happy to be back into a routine.  We had a beautiful morning at our house.  The kids got up on time, their bags were ready & clothes were selected.  I made each of them the breakfast requested & the weather was gorgeous for those annual 1st Day of School pictures.  It's just the way I wanted the morning to go.  Now I've got cookies in the oven for when they get home ~ a tradition I started when Megan started Kindergarten.

Here are a few of the pictures I took this morning ~ I can't wait to scrapbook them!  My beautiful daughter, Megan is beginning her Sophomore year as a 10th grader at Concord High School.  She had a wonderful year last year as a Freshman; however, she's very happy to know the high school routine this time around.  My handsome and constantly growing son, Matt, is a 7th grader and is now at Concord Jr. High.  Last year was a rough year and he is so excited to begin this year at a new school.  Here they are this morning ~ I can't believe they are about the same height!



Megan ~ 15 yrs old ~ Such a beauty {inside and out}



Matt ~ 13 yrs old ~ my handsome guy with a tender heart



OK...now that I've bragged on my kids for a few minutes, I'll share a card with you that just happens to be very appropriate for today's events...

I used the new Appetizer set called Old School by Gourmet Rubber Stamps.  This set is also available at i{heart}papers.  I also used some fun pattern paper from My Minds Eye called School Daze and ink by Mememto.



Ok...off to get lots done before 3pm!!!  Have a great day & thanks for buzzing by...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs