Tuesday, April 3, 2012

THE ALASKA PROJECT ... Miscellaneous Pages

It's another day in my ALASKA Project!  YIPEEE!  Today I wanted to share some of the miscellaneous layout styles from the We-R-Memory Keepers page protectors that I've been using for my photographs & more photographs from our time in Talkeetna ~ which is a favorite Alaskan spot for us.

My first page uses a 3-2-3 layout ~ it's one of the pretty straight forward layouts and easy to find photos to use.  I used a pre-made title block from the Simple Stories Destination kit for the center square & added a wooden button to the center of the compass along with some sticker numbers and letters from the kit to journal the date.  I also added some other stickers, bits of paper and stamping to add small embellishments to the photos.  Fast and easy...



My next page layout is one of the standard 6 horizontal page protectors.  On this page I added some postcards I purchased along the way.  I always buy a few postcards from each place we visit because the professional photographers always take great shots & sometimes they have interesting tidbits of information on the back about the place we have visited.  TIPS: Sometimes we find great postcards in the hotel rooms where we've stayed.  Also on this page {lower left photo}, I used a portion of a pre-made journaling block and added some basic information about the town of Talkeetna.



The next layout has a 12x6 pocket.  I needed that layout on the other side; however, on this side I really wanted to use 3 horizontal photos.  Therefore, I simply took a piece of kraft cardstock, stamped the tone-on-tone map image, trimmed the photos just a bit and then attached them to the cardstock.  I added a bit of journaling, stickers, stamping, and a bracket border to the top for Easy Peasy embellishments.



For this super easy layout, I used 9 square photos and a pre-made title card to fill the pockets.  I simply added some stamped words directly to the photos using archival safe ink.  The stamps are various sets from Technique Tuesday.



And my final layout for today has a slot for a 6x8 photo.  I used one oft he pre-made photo mats from the kit and added just a simple photo and minimal journaling to it.  For the rest of the photos, I trimmed them slightly and added kraft cardstock behind each photo.



You can see all of my ALASKA PROJECT posts HERE.   You'll be seeing more from this project in the next few months.  I need to get it done before we go on our next Summer Vacation ~ it's gonna be amazing too!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs