Tuesday, April 17, 2012

THE ALASKA PROJECT ... Bits and Pieces

Hey there ~ I'm back today with a few more pages from my Alaska Project & I sure hope your not getting sick of these pages because I haven't even gotten to the cruise portion of our trip!   Today I've got lots of "bits and pieces" to show you.  The reason I'm calling it that is because I used bits and pieces of journaling blocks, tags, stickers and stamped images on these pages.  Once again I've used the Simple Stories Destination kit along with stamps by Unity, Hero Arts, and Technique Tuesday

All of these pages are from our stop in Girdwood, Alaska at our stay at the Alyeska Resort ~ can you say WOW!  The place is AMAZING!  It's a beautiful 5-star hotel and ski resort.  My first page includes several small pictures from various locations around the resort. 




For my bits and pieces on this page, I used the top half of a journaling box that I had left over & attached our hotel room card key to the bottom. 


For my next layout, I wanted to include the map of the resort and then added text words from the Technique Tuesday travel set as an embellishment along the side of the map.  For more visual interest, I added several sticker words from the kit and some partial stamp images as bits and pieces around the page.



I love the next layout from our walk around the fabulous grounds of the resort.  I used bits and pieces around this page as well as on the bigger journaling blocks.



I used a bit of handwriting on this journaling block as well as some alphabet stamps (Hero Arts).  I used two different colors so the key words would really stand out.  Then I finished the block with a hand stamped sentiment (Unity Stamps).


The original size of this photo was too tall for the page pocket.  So I simply trimmed the photo and added a piece of a journaling block and a sticker.  A few stamped words finished it off nicely. 



My next layout includes some gorgeous photos of the mountains surrounding the resort.  The top photo slot along the top of the page is 12" x 4" so I needed to attach the 4"x6" photos to some cardstock/pattern paper.  Then I cut out a bracket from one of my leftover journaling block pieces, stamped on it with alphabet stamps and added a quick little sticker to finish it off.



For my last layout of the day, I added some tid bits of information to my journaling block and stamped words (Technique Tuesday) along the top and bottom of the block.  I also used some transparencies on a few of the photos for a little more visual interest.  Easy Peasy!



I really love how eclectic and mish/mashed this book is ~ it's not meant to be clean and simple but just some of this and some of that {bits and pieces}.  I'm having fun thinking outside the box and not having things so matchy matchy for this album. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Beautiful pics Kendra. Those mountains covered in snow look fabulous. Gorgeous layouts. hugs Sharon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs