Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday to you...

Hello Peeps!  I hope your weekend was terrific! 

Well I took the weekend off ~ can you believe it?  I've been doing a lot of thinking about my crafting goals, and I've decided to make some changes. 

  • First off, after 5+ years of blogging every single day, I've decided it's ok to let that go a bit.  No worries, I'm still going to blog; however, I'm just not going to worry about getting a post up each and every day.  Who knows, maybe I'll just have more interesting things to say and show you now...
  • I also left one of my design teams ~ the online store i{heart}papers .  I enjoyed being on the team, but felt like it was time to move on to new things.
  • I'm going to concentrate a little bit more on my scrapbooks too!  It's my first true crafty-love & I miss not spending time with my pictures and memories.  I have TONS of pictures and vacation albums that are just dying for attention!
  • And... another project I'm working on is that I'm cleaning out my craft area A LOT and I'm going to get some new furniture and storage units. I feel like the enormous amount of STUFF I've accumulated is distracting me & I'm ready to downsize.  I'm really excited about this!
So that's what going on in my little corner of the world!  I hope you'll enjoy the new and fun things I'm planning.

Well this weekend, in between cleaning out pattern paper and old stamp sets, I spent some time finishing up a project for my local hair salon.  At Christmas time, I made a cute little tag for my daughters stocking to go get a pedicure.  When we went to the salon, I had the tag with me & showed the salon owner.  She loved it and asked me if I would make some gift card envelopes for her.  So this is what we decided on and I even decorated a little storage box for her so she would have a place to keep them....



The name of the salon is called Absolutely Fabulous ~ so I asked Debbie Corbari to make a custom sentiment just for them!  Isn't it PERFECT?




I used the stamp set from Our Craft Lounge called Pretty & Pampered for the champagne colored bubbles in the corners of the envelope (and also on the envelope flap ~ not pictured).




So that's one paying job I had this week.  WOOHOOO!  Now to get ready for the next paying gig ~ teaching a class at the local scrapbook store Tuesday night.  I'll share my projects with you for that later this week. 

Thanks for buzzing by today & enjoy your Monday!

5 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Cute little gift cards! I am breaking away from my blog more too and it is amazing how freeing it is!

Patti J said...

Good for you, Kendra! I have been reading that more and more of 'us' are doing the things you are doing. I've been filling my trunk all weekend with 'stuff' from the craft corner (don't have a room - just a corner), and it feels SO good! Love your project! What a great idea to do for a beauty shop! I'm sure that you were well worth whatever you charged - great job! Can't wait to see what you teach at your class!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Kendra, I love your cards. Is this an A2 size?
I totally understand about cleaning out because of the distractions. I have been doing that for the last year. I'm glad you are keeping your blog - I enjoy coming here and checking out your creations :)

lisa808 said...

Fabulous project for the salon.

I bought 10 of the storage cubes at M's about a year and a half ago. I love them--my craft space is more organized and I know where things are!

sarah said...

Kendra so happy 4U, we all need a change/new challenges..I luv UR blog so glad U will conti, with that..Hugs..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs