Friday, January 14, 2011

LAD DT Challenge ... New Year's Resolutions!

Post #2 for today.  Keep scrolling down for post #1 of the day.


Today is the Lizzie Anne Challenge for the Design Team & we are each sharing a project based on our New Year's Resolutions.  My resolution is to actually SEND out the cards I make!  I make hundreds & hundreds of cards each year & I'm always shocked at how horrible I am at actually getting them addressed and in the mailbox.  So to help me with this task, I made myself a Special Days Calendar that lists birthdays and anniversaries of my family and close friends.

On the front cover, I used the adorable bird cage image from the May 2010 Monthly Mix called Dream Big along with Fanciful Flourishes set as a hook for the cage.  The flower is from Le Jardin set ~ an oldie but goodie!



I used a variety of flower images to decorate the pages of the book.  These are from the Garden Inspirations set (my all time FAV flower set).  Others I used were from Le Jardin, and Hello Friend.



Don't forget to hop around and see what the other girls came up with for today's challenge ~ you can find the list over on the LAD Blog.

BTW ~ I'm so sorry I forgot to post the blog candy winners from the other day.  I updated my original post HERE.

8 comments:

MichelleY said...

I need to adopt the SAME new year's resolution!!!! Your Special Days book is a wonderful way to help stay on track. Plus, its so fun with the fun birdcages and funky shape. I LOVE IT!!!

Tracy B. said...

I've been following your blog now for a few years and love your work! Glad I could be a winner:)

Meridith said...

I love this! It's gorgeous! What a great idea Kendra! I need to remember to send out the cards I make as well!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love this idea! I need to make a book for special days as well. If FB didn't remind me, I'd probably never remember a birthday, and by then it's too late to send the card. So cute!

Kate said...

I have seen birthday calendars before, but none as cute as this one! What a great idea!

Rose Ann said...

It's a wonderful resolution, Kendra, and your book is a super way to help you out!! It turned out soooo beautifully, and I love all of the fun and pretty images you've used!! What a great inspiration for us all!!

Jen said...

oh, so cute kendra!!! you are always so inspiring!! xoxo

anya said...

Kendra, this is awesome! Its a great resolution and what a super way to help keep it - beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs