Tuesday, January 18, 2011

IHP's Sweet DT Challenge

It's a SWEET, WONDERFUL, FABULOUS day for a challenge!   Today's i{heart}papers design team challenge is a creative candy presentation ~ here's a photo we could use as an inspiration piece.  Doesn't that look totally YUMMY????


What really stood out to me in the inspiration photo was the trio of pretty jars on the pink table ~ so that's what I focused on.  I found these fun jars, bubble gumballs and chocolate covered sunflower seeds at Michael's and the idea took off from there.  I also used some of Kate's new M&M cello bags filled with gumballs and tied off with Cherry Red and Cotton Candy Divine Twine to finish off my challenge project.


My first jar starts with some pretty pink Herringbone ribbon & Cotton Candy Divine Twine tied around the neck.  Then I used a few stamp sets from Our Craft Lounge for the tag ~ Love Notes (script background) & Notes of Love (Sentiment).  I cut them out with my Classic Circle and Big Scallop circle dies by Nestabilities.



On my heart-shaped jar, I made stamped the same script background from Love Notes stamp set on the cardstock and then used a sentiment from the Sending Love set also by Our Craft Lounge.  This time I used the Red Herringbone Ribbon with the Cherry Red Divine Twine around the neck of the jar.  I added a simple little red flower and a Zva clear gem to the center for a little POP.


My third jar is a pretty tall thin one.  I used the Red Herringbone ribbon around the neck with both Cotton Candy and Cherry Red Divine Twine.  I used OCL's Vintage Valentine set for the tag and stamped the background with the Fancy Fringe set.  It's subtle, but adds just enough to the background of the label.  I also added a little Kiss Me heart stamped in Bella Rose Palette ink to the tag as well.  I cut the tags out with my Nestabilities ~ Classic Ovals & Big Scallop Ovals (Lg & Sm).


For all of my projects, I used Palette Burnt Umber Ink.

So now you'll want to check out the projects that the rest of the girls came up with ~ they are sure to be SWEET!

Carolyn
Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Lynn
Megan
Tracy
Kate

12 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, Kendra! You went all out! Love all these traditional colors and romantic labels! These are wonderful!

Gretchen said...

OMGosh are theses just the cutest! I love all of the different "tags" you used-fabulous!!

i {heart} papers said...

Whoa! Kendra - these are all so amazing and gorgeous! You really captured that picture! Well done!

LorettaL said...

Kendra, your glass bottle set is glorious!!!! Perfect for the challenge!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

The glass jars you decorated with the OCL stamps are so beautiful. That is such a great idea for Valentine's Day gifts!

MichelleY said...

Holy Mother of all bottled things....this is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your tags and fun displays.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kendra...these turned out beautifully. Who WOULDN'T love to received this sweet treat?! You really did an awesome job.

Megan said...

These colors are beautiful. I have to get some of those M&M bags--such FUN!!

Carolyn Mustopa said...

You over-achiever, you! These are adorable!

Lori said...

What a fun assortment! These are fabulous, Kendra!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

YUMMY! what a lovely layout and display of your goodies. I need to go check out the rest of the DT's creations.

whoistracy said...

Love all your little jars and tubes filled with goodies. This is making me hungry! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs