Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fun, FAST & Fabulous Valentines

It's official!  I think I actually collect more supplies for Valentine's Day than any other holiday ~ maybe all of them put together {ok, not really ~ but it might be close}. 

So here's the story with my post ...  Yesterday I'm sitting at my craft table with my big box of Valentine Doo-Dads thinking of how I wanted to use them.  I needed a blog post for today ~ everything I'm making right now is for a later deadline OR for new release stamps that won't be shown until CHA at the end of January or early February ~ so I can't show them to you just yet.   Since none of the new release images are for Valentine's Day, I decided to make some super simple Valentines.  I had about 45 minutes until it was time to pick the kids up from school so the goal was NOT to over think the cards!  Put something down, add more stuff, and MOVE ON!   Well...I think they turned out pretty CUTE!

My first card uses the super cute set from Our Craft Lounge called Sending Love.  I paired the images up with some fun supplies from EK Success (Martha Stewart - paper mat pad, buttons, and felt hearts) along with cool ribbon from Basic Grey.  Card #1 ~ DONE!


Next card is a little pocked filled with hearts ~ I used the same felt hearts and pattern paper from EK Success {Martha Stewart} along with sentiments from a Hero Arts set called Many Hearts.  Then I tied a charm on the tag with some pretty pink Divine Twine.


BINGO! is my third card ~ I simply started with the same EK Success paper pad and tied Red Divine Twine around the card a few times.  Then I added some epoxy heart embellishments from Making Memories to the twine.  I stamped a small heart  image on the Bingo card (Jenni Bowlin) using the Hero Arts Many Hearts and Moulin Rouge Palette Ink set and added a tiny epoxy heart to the center.  Another easy one.


My final card might have been the easiest.  I just added a scallop square of the same pattern paper pack and stamped a heart in Burnt Umber Palette ink on the felt heart.  I added a few more small felt hearts, a sentiment (from Many Hearts set) and added a charm with Divine Twine and a heart pin.


Happy Valentine's Cardmaking to you ~ see, it's super easy to make an adorable card.

5 comments:

Joy said...

eeeeeks! Kendra, I am LOVING ALL of these!!!!!

Debbi said...

Kendra, these are adorable projects! I can't believe you pumped them out in less than an hour - now I'm inspired!!

MichelleY said...

Your thread title is perfect as each of these cards are totally FABULOUS!!

Tracy B. said...

So, who won the blog candy on 1/11/11 at midnight? WHat fun cards.

Ida said...

Wow these are all great cards. My personal favorite is the Bingo card but all of them are really cute and fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs