Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photos of Paradise...

Hello Peeps ~ I feel like it's been ages since I've talked to you! I know you probably don't feel that way since I had posts go up each day. Since I blog daily, I have to say that it was nice to have the break from posting.

Today I thought I would share a few photos from our few days of our trip. We cruised on the beautiful Royal Caribbean ship Serenade of the Seas from San Juan, Purto Rico. Since the kids had Good Friday off, we left for San Juan a day early so we could enjoy a bit of sun and surf before we were welcomed aboard the ship.

When we arrived in San Juan, we stayed at a Courtyard Resort right on the beach ~ it was absolutely GORGEOUS!


I've never stayed at a resort quite like this ~ cabana boys, a private pool and hammocks to relax in! What more could you ask for?

We also made a new friend! Lizards of every size and this HUGE iguana just crawled across the grounds and entertained (or freaked out) the crowds.

You may have noticed that Megan didn't get all that close ~ but then again, I didn't either.

Yes ~ he was HUGE & yes, I was one of those who was slightly freaked out (but not so freaked out that I couldn't snap a few pictures).

On Saturday, before we arrived at the ship, we took a city tour of Old San Juan. I love that part of the city but would have loved to walk the tour rather than drive. This fantastic photo of an Old San Juan ally, was taken by Megan.

This is one of the forts on the island. It was a perfectly windy day for flying kites and there were hundrends in the sky.


Early on Easter Sunday, we arrived in St. Thomas. The weather could not have been more perfect! This was the view we woke up to from the balcony in our stateroom ~ I could get used to that!

After we rubbed the sleep out of our eyes, we took a Catamaran boat tour over to the beautiful island of St. John. The water was about 20 shades of blue and green ~ AMAZING!

The tour included snorkeling, swimming and spending time on the beach at Honeymoon Bay. It was fantastic!

After about an hour or so on the beach, we got back on the boat and enjoyed the ride back to St. Thomas.


Probably the only photo you will EVER see of me in a bathing suit ~ but I liked how everyone looked in the photo.

The next day, we arrived in St. Croix. I wasn't all that excited about this port when I heard we would be stopping here; however, I LOVED it. Our ship could only dock on the western (less populated) side of the island & it was wonderful. This is a place we will go back and stay!

This great character greeted us when we got off the ship.

Here is a view of our ship in the St. Croix harbor ~ just lovely!

Once again, a gazillion shades of blue and green off the shores of St. Croix.


Here is the spot where Megan and I sat to enjoy the view for a while. Megan took this fantastic picture.


You won't even believe what we did on our afternoon in St. Croix, but you'll have to tune in tomorrow to see. Any guesses????? Plus I have so much more to share with you from out trip.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks so much for sharing Kendra. Now that floating paradise is what I call real luxury. Wow! What a stunning holiday. hugs Sharon

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Gorgeous pictures Kendra! Your kids are growing up so fast.

I'm wondering if you went snorkling?

Kar said...

great pictures Kendra... Sounds like an awesome trip

Kristie W. said...

Awesome pictures!! What beautiful vacation spots!

Broni said...

What great pictures, Kendra! Love the beach photos especially!

Jennie Black said...

Kendra... great photos. looks like you had a great family vacation. Be sure to suggest to Megan to call the local fair prior to the fair opening (like now for summer) and enter her photo into the photo contest. We did it a few times and it was very fun. Her photo is beautiful. jennie black

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs