Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Four Tickets to Paradise...

Well I'm back with part two of my vacation photos from last week. My husband took this lovely picture during our afternoon on the beautiful island of St. Croix (which was probably our favorite stop).

Were you able to guess what our excursion was for our afternoon in St. Croix? Well believe it or not, we went 4-wheeling! I was pretty nervous about it, but the shop were we booked the tour was Gecko's Island Adventures, assured me that I wouldn't have any problems. And they were right!


This was our first stop on the 4-wheelin' tour. It was an old sugar mill called Sprat Hall. When Tim asked me how I was doing, my response was, "I'm gonna need a drink after this!". Actually, once I got the hang of it, it was fun. I only made Matt scream in fear a few times & I only swore once.

Our next stop was to see the gorgeous views of Cane Bay. What a lovely spot!


And another old sugar mill. The stone walls were built and held together with molasses and sand. I don't recall the name of this old mill but it was a great spot for another family picture.




Here is one of the easier trails from out trip. Megan was on the back of Tim's 4x4 snapping pictures during the easier parts. The trails were so dusty and we had about 100 layers of crud on us. My eyes were killing me from all the dust ~ next time I would wear goggles over my glasses. However, my favorite part of the 4x4 trip was the near the end when we were back on paved roads going through the rain forest ~ it was gorgeous.




Our next port of call on April 6th, was St. Kitts. It was another lovely day in the Caribbean! We really wanted to go ziplining that day, but the cruise line wouldn't let us book the trip because Matt wasn't old enough. We decided not to book a tour today and just walked around for an hour or so near the ship.



The market place was very pretty and modern.


After buying a few small souvenirs, we headed back to the ship for lunch. The ship was very quiet since most were off on the island, so we found a quiet spot to read and relax. With so many busy days, it was a nice break. Here is a fabulous shot Tim took of the atrium on the ship.



Our next port of call was Dominica. This was probably the least built-up port we visited with some of the most poverty. However, the island was very beautiful and the people were wonderful.



Tim took the kids on a river tubing excursion while I went with my in-laws on an island tour of the waterfalls. Here is Matt all ready for tubing.


On the way to our first waterfall, we walked through a gorgeous rain forest ~ here was a land crab hiding near some rocks.


We walked to a wooden platform that was built to view the gorgeous Trafalger Falls.


There were wonderful red blooms all over the rain forest.


And this was taken near the Emerald Pools in another rain forest. We were caught in a down pour and ended up soaking wet on our hike ~ but is was worth it!



While at the Emerald Pool, our tour met met up with Tim & the kids tour ~ it was fun to see them while we were all out and about.



Our final port of call on April 8th was the beautiful island of Barbados. Tim and I visited this island about 15 years ago and couldn't wait to go back. We all took a fantastic tour to Green Monkey Wildlife Preserve. Here is our group on the 4x4 Jeep all ready to go ~ Tim's parents are such good sports!


And here is what the 4x4 Jeep looked like.


Matt on the 4x4 Jeep ~ the police station is in the background.


Some of the locals at the wildlife preserve ~ waiting for lunch.


Lunch is served!


This gorgeous shot was taken by Megan!


And another Green Monkey finishing his lunch!


Here is Megan in one of the beautiful stone buildings at the wildlife preserve.


And finally ~ a portriat of our family on the second formal night.

Hope you enjoyed seeing a small glimpse of our trip. I'll be back tomorrow with a project!

4 comments:

Broni said...

More wonderful photos! This looks like a vacation to be remembered for a long time! I just love the family portrait!!

♥Wendi said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. You have great pictures to help remember the fun! Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow Kendra, have really enjoyed looking at all of your photos! It's always so nice to get away from it all and be away from the computer for a while! Glad you had a wonderful time!

AShu93 said...

Wow! It really looks beautiful there. Megan's photo of the peacock is fabulous. I just love the contrast of the colors. Looks like you had a great time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs