Saturday, May 31, 2008
So here are the pictures of the wedding albums I put together. I realize they would look so much better with pictures on the pages, but they are for sale, so I really don't think anyone wants to buy one that is used ~ LOL! There are a total of 12 pages (plus the front & back inside cover).
Friday, May 30, 2008
Anyway, here are a few baby cards I made using leftover pieces from the Baby Girl scrapbook kit. I am putting them with the 6x6 scrapbooks.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
A few months ago I made one with the Summer Days album as a class and then I made the baby girl album and posted that last week. So now I have made a baby boy album, a wedding album and a School Days album ~ I love how they all turned out. I have 8 albums ready for my sale this weekend & whatever doesn't sell will go into my new Etsy store when I get home from vacation.
Supplies Used: Special Delivery Boy scrapbook kit, Scallop punch & Ribbon all by Stampin' Up!; poster board for the cover.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I've been working very hard to make sure you have lots of eye candy to view while I'm gone on vacation. More to do today so let's hope I can get back into my groove ~ I've been in a bit of a creative slump the last few days.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (By the Sea); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Pattern Paper ~ Three Bugs in a Rug; Ink ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
I made a total of 10 cups in less than 2 hours ~ so they were not only cute, but they were fast and easy too.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (By the Sea) & Stampin' Up! (Aloha flowers); Cardstock & Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette & Copics.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Happy Memorial Day! Now I'm off to stamp! I have tons to do before we leave on vacation.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (By the Sea); Cardstock ~ Papertrey & Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette, Copics; Nestabilities; Cuttlebug Embossing Dies & Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Le Jardin); Ink ~ Palette, Copics; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ Stampin' Up!; Brads ~ American Crafts; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ Bo Bunny.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Have a delighful Friday!
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (By the Sea, In the Background); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette & Copics
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Le Jardin); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up! & Papertrey Ink; Ink ~ Versamark, Palette & Copics; Nestibilities dies; Pearls ~ Pretties Kit by Stampin' Up!.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (In the Tree Top, Sketched Sentiments, Funky Floral, Simply Sentiments, Fun to be Floral); Cardstock ~ Bazzill & Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Stampin' Up!; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!; Flowers ~ Prima; Brad ~ Stampin' Up!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The image on my card today was stamped and colored by my friend Ellen Hutson of Simple Dreams. She sent me this image with my Nestabilities order (from Ellen Hutson, LLC). When I saw this gorgeous image, I had to put it on a card ~ how could I not, her technique is extraordinary!
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Karen Lockhart Stamps; Cardstock, Vellum & Brads ~ Stampin' Up!; Scallop Square ~ Nestabilities. Image created by Ellen Hutson.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Several weeks ago, I found this cool notebook at Target. It has 3 tabbed dividers with these fun curved pockets. I knew immediately that I wanted to use it for card, layout and project sketches.
I have used other peoples sketches for years now, like my sweet friend Michelle Wooderson ~ she does amazing work! However, over the last several months, I have started doing a lot of my own. I ended up with slips of paper all over the place so I decided that I needed one place to write everything down.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Stampin' Up! & Hero Arts; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Stampin' Up! & Palette Black; Chipboard Letters ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ Bo Bunny & May Arts; Trim ~ Doodlebug; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!; Charm ~ Unknown.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Don't worry if you didn't win this time ~ I'll do it again.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
So what's your favorite color palette or color combo? Let me know on this post today and I may have a little something for you in your mailbox next week...
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Blissful Blossoms, In the Background, Sketched Sentiments); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Stampin' Up!, VersaMark, Palette; Ribbon ~ Doodlebug (with the black thread removed); Glitter ~ Stickles.
Friday, May 16, 2008
I hope ya'll have something fun planned this weekend. I am taking Megan (age 11) to get her ears pierced. She has been asking for the past year and I made a deal with her. She did a great job of keeping up her end of the bargin, so now it's my turn. She's a little nervous, but very excited. I'm sure she will spend most of her weekend looking in the mirror and searching the internet for cool earrings.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Blissful Blossoms, Simply Sentiments); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Pattern Paper & Stickers ~ Making Memories; Ink & Chalk ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ May Arts; Word Window Punch & Ticket Corner Punch ~ Stampin' Up!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
This was a fun little project to make using a Lizzie Anne Designs set called Blissful Blossoms. There are lots of different floral images in this set along with a bee and a butterfly.
ETA: What's inside ~ chocolate of course!
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Blissful Blossoms & Sketched Sayings); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette Black & Copics; Ribbon ~ May Arts & Stampin' Up!; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I thought I would share a few pictures of one of the baby albums I've been working on. I have two for baby girls and two for baby boys. These are 6"x 6" scrapbooks and all the pages are in page protectors. They are the same layout as my Summer Days album that I made last month. Since these will be for sale, I obviously haven't put pictures on them. However, I did leave plenty of room to add wallet sized photos and journaling. I think these will make great shower gifts or gifts to take when visiting a new little one.
Supplies Used: Baby Girl Scarpbook kit, Groovy Guava Ribbon, and scallop circle punch all by Stampin' Up!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I'm not sure why, but I have been making a ton of baby stuff lately (and NO ~ you don't have to ask). Today I finished four 6x6 scrapbooks that I will be selling & tonight I started another book that someone hired me to do using this cute set.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Born to Be Wild); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Pattern Paper ~ Making Memories; Circles & Scallops ~ Nestabilities; Punch ~ Stampin' Up!; Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!; Brad ~ Unknown.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Sketched Sayings); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up!; Pattern Paper & flower ~ Making Memories; Punch ~ Marvy; Ribbon ~ May Arts.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Best Friends) & Stampin' Up! (sentiment); Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Pattern Paper ~ KI Memories; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Punches ~ Stampin' Up!; Twill ~ Unknown.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted): Stamps ~ Tart & Tangy; Textured Cardstock ~ Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue & white; Pattern Paper ~ Summer Picnic; Scallop & circle punches; Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Ink ~ Real Red & Old Olive; Cricut Cartridge ~ Alphalicious by Provo Craft.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Supplies Used: Cardstock ~ Bazzill & Prism; Pattern Paper ~ Basic Grey; Ribbon ~ Michael's; Flowers ~ Prisma; Scallop Scissors ~ Fiskers; Cricut with the Jasmine Cartridge; Brads, Glue Dots & Glitter ~ Stampin' Up!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Here are the instructions for the coaster box:
- Paint all of the edges of coaster box and 4 coasters with acrylic paint. Make sure you cover both sides of the coaster. Set aside to dry.
- Using 2 or 3 pieces of coordinating pattern paper, measure and cut paper to cover the coaster box. Attach the pattern paper using adhesive from a Xyron machine or Modge Podge.
- On the lid of the coaster box, use an eyelet hole punch and a hammer to punch 2 holes in the center. Thread a ribbon from top to bottom and tie a knot on the bottom. Make sure you leave a loop on top for the handle.
- Using a rectangle die, cut out a scallop rectangle (approx. 2 3/4" x 3 3/4") in white cardstock and ink the edges with coordinating pink ink.
- Using the Blissful Blossoms stamp set, stamp the flower stem in green ink, the butterfly in orange and the Wonderful Mother Simply Singles stamp in pink ink.
- Use coordinating chalk to add more color to the stamped images and attach the rectangle to the front of the coaster box.
- Using a separate sheet of white cardstock, stamp another orange butterfly and a flower in pink. Again, use chalk to fill in color and then cut them out.
- Attach the flower with a Pop-Up Glue Dot or a foam dot. Add a coordinating button and a knotted piece of ribbon to the center of the flower.
- For the butterfly, carefully fold the image in the center and attach it over the stamped butterfly with a glue dot.
- For the Coasters: Pick out 4 coordinating pieces of textured cardstock and cut out a 2 1/2" scalloped square from each color.
- Attach each square to one coaster.
- Add a 2 1/4" square picture to three of the coasters.
- On white cardstock, stamp an image from the Blissful Blossoms stamp set for each coaster (flowers, leaves, bee, butterfly, etc). Stamp them in different colors and then add chalk to fill in more color and a touch of glitter.
- Cut out each image and attach it to the coaster.
- On the top coaster, stamp a sentiment using the Olivia Alphabet.
- Attach the coasters with a ribbon and/or the beaded chain.
- Pop the coasters inside the box & you have the perfect gift for Mom or Grandma.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (Single Sunflower & Wonderful Mother & Flower Frenzy set); Cardstock ~ Stampin' Up! & Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper ~ Imaginace; Ink ~ White Craft Ink (SU); Nestabilities Dies.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Here are some pictures I took last fall at the Elkhart County 4H Fair. We are fortunate enough to have one of the best county fairs in the country right here in Indiana ~ it's absolutely HUGE! Each year one of the activities is a balloon chase and last year I finally was able to go. It was amazing to watch & I was thrilled with how bright and colorful the pictures turned out.
Supplies Used: Cardstock ~ Bazzill & Stampin' Up!; Cricut ~ Jasmine Cartridge; Ghost flowers ~ Heidi Swapp; Buttons ~ SEI; Font ~ Avant
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I told you I've been scrapbooking! Here is another layout I made this week. It is a complete CASE of a layout I saw in the May/June issue Scrapbooks etc magazine. The layout in the magazine was done by Kelly Noel & it was just beautiful ~ I copied pretty much everything ~ even the paper. Why change perfection?
Supplies Used: Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Pattern Paper ~ Scenic Route; Cricut Cartridge ~ Jasmine; Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!; Smile tile ~ KI Memories.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
I hope all you scrapbookers out there have a chance to get some projects done today. I have had a wonderful time this week working on some 12x12 layouts. It has been MONTHS ~ maybe even a year, since I have sat down to really work on pages. I've done a project here and there, but I haven't dedicated a good chunk of time to doing pages. So this week I carved out some time to work on some fun pages. One thing that has really helped me with my scrapping guilt, was to make the decision to scrapbook what I love and not worry about working chronologically. It has taken a lot of pressure off & is very liberating. Remember ~ it a hobby, so have fun with it.
So after taking such a long time off from this wonderful hobby ~ here was my process for getting back into the scrapbooking groove...
1) I went thru idea books and picked out 8 to 10 layouts that I just loved. My new favorite idea book is by Becky Fleck called Page Maps ~ it is a fantastic book! She also has a great website and uploads new layouts each month ~ go check it out HERE!
2) Using the layouts I picked out in the idea books, I then went thru my pictures on the computer and decided which events (or just everyday things) I was in the mood to scrapbook. When I upload my digital pictures to my computer, I organize them by year and month so they are easy to find. For the page above, I picked out my favorite shots of my husband's birthday from last year.
3) Using the layout from the idea book and the pictures I wanted to use, I decided on which pictures from that event I wanted to print and what size to print them. I have a photo printer at home that will print a variety of sizes, so I usually don't print too many because I never use them all.
4) Now that I have my layout idea and my pictures are printed, I figure out what paper and embellishments to use. That part usually takes the longest for me. If I end up taking too long, I usually just start laying down things and deal with what I don't like later ~ LOL!
So that is usually my process ~ Happy Scrapping!
Supplies Used: Cardstock ~ SU Textured & Prism; Pattern Paper ~ SU; Ric-Rac ~ May Arts; Photo Anchors ~ Queen & Co.; Title ~ Cricut (Base Camp cartridge); Chipboard star and button ~ SU; Font ~ Avant Garde (Word); Swirl Punch ~ Marvy.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Fun in the Sun & Things Hanna Would Say); Paper ~ Prism; Pattern Paper ~ 3 Bugs in a Rug; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Ribbon ~ Michael's; Dies ~ Nestabilities; Scissors ~ Fiskars (Corkscrew).
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Not only did I get to play with new stamps this week, I also got to play with my new Nestabilities (long ovals) and Megabilities (long rectangles) by Spellbinders ~ WHAT FUN!!! I purchased them from Ellen Hutson ~ GO over and check them out!!!
For the scallop top of this pocket I used the large scallop oval and for the curved edge, I used two of the ovals that nest.
Then for the pocket I used the long rectangles and put two pieces of cardstock together at an angle & cut them at the same time.
Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Patriotic Set); Cardstock ~ Prism & Papertrey Ink white; Ink ~ Palette, Versafine Pigment Ink & Copics; Megabilities & Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Circle punches ~ SU; Brad ~ Queen & Co; Ribbon ~ May Arts.