Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lovin' from the oven...

Can't you just smell the yummy cupcakes Riley is serving up? I love the smell of fresh baked goods. I enjoy baking ~ I'm actually a better baker than a cook. Maybe because I like to cook with exact measurements & that is required for baking. My husband on the other hand, would rather throw in a bit of this and a pinch of that ~ he is a much better cook.

When I think of cupcakes, I immediately think of one of my mom's old recipes called Black Bottom Cupcakes. In fact, I may make some later today ~ oh boy are they out-of-this-world yummy! I do have a busy day, so it may have to wait until next week ~ but don't worry, I'll share. (note: the picture on the right is from AllRecipes.com & they look just like my mom's)


Pudd's Black Bottom Cupcakes


Combine:
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg

Then add 1 c. chocolate chips, mix & set aside.

Sift together:
1/4 c. cocoa
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 1/4 t. salt


To the flour mixture, add 1 c. water, 1 T. vinegar, 1/3 c. oil & mix together. Fill paper cup liners 1/3 full with chocolate cake mixture and then place a spoonful of cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with sugar and nuts (if desired). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.


Supplies (for the card): Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Riley Collection); Cardstock ~ Prism & Papertrey Ink; Ink ~ Palette & Copics; Pattern Paper & flower brad ~ The Paper Company; Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!; Nestabilities by Spellbinders.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this cute stamp. The card is beautiful!!!!!I went and bought this stamp and the Super Man stamp from seeing your cards on your blog. Great job! TFS
Heidi, Tucson, AZ

Angela said...

You are right....these cupcakes are wonderful!!! We have had them many times. They're addictive! :) Very pretty card too. I really like the stamp. Have a great day!

Angela

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

sounds yummy! I'm going to try these.
WOW! I can't believe how many new Riley's are out now. They are all adorable.

Shelly said...

Now, the cupcakes look almost as yummy as your card!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs