Friday, April 19, 2013

Floral Frenzy!

Yesterday I broke open my new embossing folders from Crafter's Companion and I am so totally thrilled with them!!!  The one I used today is called Floralbunda & I LOVE that it has small flowers on top and larger ones on the bottom.  Along with the embossing folder, I used the Flower Power set from the Sheena Collection and Sentiment Swirls from the Stamp-It Australia Collection.



So....do you want to see how I made the card?  First, I stamped two sizes of flowers with white pigment ink on vellum cardstock and then heat embossed the images with white embossing powder.  Once they were cooled, I trimmed them with my scissors.



Next, I flipped the flowers over and colored them on the non-embossed side with my Spectrum Noir Pens ~ OR2, OR3, GB3, GB5.  I started with the darkest orange in the center (OR3) and then added a thin line of OR2 around the edge.  After that, I added the darker gold (GB5) for the majority of each flower and then added the lighter gold around the edges (GB3).  I then repeated each color to make it darker.   I added a small orange circle of cardstock to the center of each flower on the back so the orange would POP and then added a foam dot to attach the flower to the card.



 Pretty easy and such a pretty look when they are finished!



Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

The flowers are so pretty. Will have to give that a try.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Very pretty Kendra!! I dig this technique - thank for sharing!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs