Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Birthday Boy!

Yesterday as I was planning this post, I decided to take a walk down memory lane. You see, today is my son's birthday. My baby is 11 years old! I'm not sure how the time flew by so fast, but here we are at age 11 with all the attitude & eye rolling that goes along with it.

So anyway, I thought I would share some pictures of my little guy thru the years just so you can see how much he has grown up. Here he is just a few days old ready to come home from the hospital ~ all 7 lbs of him. Matthew was born right on his due date at 11:31pm. Just a little side note: Megan was also born on her due date of December 10th ~ and the kids are exactly 2 1/2 years apart to the day.


Here is Matt on his 2nd birthday with his fireman cake & fire truck cookies (which turned out to be a dark pink rather than a nice bright red).


On Matt's 5th birthday we had a fish party. He and his friends decorated their own giant cupcakes and then played on the slip & slide out in the yard.

Matt had a big celebration on his 8th birthday. We were in Alaska and he went dog sledding in Juneau ~ we all had a blast! This is a face of pure JOY!

And here is my big guy today on his 11th birthday ~ he still has those great dimples and a great zest for life.

Yes ... I also have a project to share today. Here is one of his gifts ~ or at least the packaging. I made this gift card holder for a gift card to the bookstore. He is a huge reader & will love browsing the shelves for some good summer reading material.


The idea for my gift card holder was inspired by this gift bag. I pulled out every OCL set I have that has a birthday sentiment in it and stamped them in coordinating colors with the gift bag. Then I used the Bookworm set to stamp the main image.


Other sets by Our Craft Lounge that I used for the Happy Birthday Sentiments: Say it Big, Big Birthday Wishes, Happy Shopping, Fairy Dust is a Must, Drake the Dragon, Say it with Flowers, Sunshine Cheer, Coastal Wishes, Tag...You're It, The Botz Family.

8 comments:

MaGoooo said...

GREAT walk down Memory Lane! Aren't they the best?! What a sweet heart!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Matt!

LOVE the gift card holder!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

SWEEEEET! Love the pictures! Matt - you are so handsome! Happy Birthday, Matt!

LOVE your project, Kendra!

MichelleY said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!!! Can I come over for some birthday cake? LOL!

Memories of Time said...

He is SO cute! And, how clever are you? I LOVE that gift card holder! YOU ROCK!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awesome birthday cards Kendra! And I always LOVE walks down memory lane! Look how sweet and handsome he is now! Wow! Can't wait til my little one turns that age!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, thanks for sharing all those sweet pictures. What a great smile he has!!

Love Love LOVE how you combined all the different *birthday* sentiments from different sets. Looks awesome!

Debbie Corbari said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! (If I had had a boy his name would've been Matt!) What a CUTIE!

And I LOVE that gift card holder! What a GENIUS IDEA with all of the different sentiments! Totally FAB girl!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

It's so much fun to look back on our kids and what a CUTIE yours is!
I love everything about your project, it's wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs