Tuesday, March 16, 2010

IHP Monthly Challenge Day

Hello Peeps! It's challenge day once again for the i{heart}papers design team. Each month Deb (our challenge coordinator) picks something new for us to do. This month was a sketch from Paper Craft Planet & we needed to GO GREEN (as in recycle). We could also use the color green if we wanted to. WOW ~ this was quite the challenge! So here is the the PCP sketch ~


And here is my cool card using the sketch, some recycled cardboard & the color green ~ Whew! So this funky tree is from the new Unity Store Kit of the Month called Adventures in Happiness & I also used Best Wishes & Blooms for the sentiment. I can't wait to use the rest of this set though. I also used this yummy new paper from My Minds Eye called Little Miss Muffet's Isn't She Lovely Kit. And I can't wait to use the rest of that kit too!

Make sure you go check out the rest of the girls blogs & see what amazing things they have come up with ~

Carolyn

Cathleen

Deb

Gretchen

Kendra

Loretta

Lori

Lynn

Megan

Tracy

Kate



Supplies from i{heart}papers: Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Company (Adventures in Happiness & Best Wishes & Blooms); Pattern Paper ~ MME (Little Miss Muffet's Isn't She Lovely Kit); Copic Markers ~ YG95, E33, E47; Ink ~ Palette.

15 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMGosh Kendra...this is really a beautiful card. I love how you used that Unity image (thanks for the inspiration). Your paper piecing looks FANTASTIC!

Carol (HB) said...

aaaaaaaaack! This is FABULOUS! I LOVE LOVE the colors, and the paper piecing you did! FABULOUS!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

This is WONDERFUL! I just love it!

Deb said...

Oooh! This one made me actually squeal out loud! I LOVE it! Such a cool stamp, especially when paper pieced with this green gorgeous paper. I love the cardboard/kraft too. Fabulous, Kendra!

i {heart} papers said...

Look at that! That piecing is fantastic. You just love your Unity and piecing. :) Well done!

Gretchen said...

OMGosh Kendra your tree is just fabulous!! I love that paper and the recycled cardboard fits in perfectly!!

MichelleY said...

GET OUT!!! Kendra, you met and far exceeded the challenge!! I love the texture and the funky, cool paper used with this stamp. VERY COOL....and GREEN....card!!!

LorettaL said...

Kendra, your piecing is divine! Wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

One of the most awesome cards I've seen, I'm a tree freak and this takes the cake!

Ida said...

Fabulous, Funky & Fun. Love it!

whoistracy said...

So cute Kendra! I love the corrugated strip in the background.

Carolyn Mustopa said...

OMG, I love everything about this card!!! I don't even know where to start. Great image, great paper-piecing, and a perfect use of corrugated cardboard! Awesome job!

Lori said...

This is fabulous, Kendra! Love the earthy color scheme and the amazing paper piecing.

Megan said...

This is so cute!

Broni said...

Absolutely LOVE this, Kendra!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs