Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Felicity Jane ~ Sweet Moments

Hello Friends!  As you can tell by all of my blog posts, I've been working on lots of projects ~ woohoo!  I couldn't wait to dive into my new Felicity Jane kit called Reagan that just arrived a few days ago.  



I'm not sure I would have thought to put these pretty rust & blush colors with my son's prom photos, but it totally works!  There are so many gorgeous colors in this new kit that work beautifully for a variety of pages.

Here's how I made my layout:

  • I started off with the rust color solid paper with the scallop edge already printed on it. I trimmed the sheet to 12x12 and added the beautiful floral pattern on top.  TIP: To get more out of my kit, I used a paper trimmer and cut out the inside of both papers so I would have more to work with on this or other projects.  
  • I trimmed my white textured cardstock to size and inked the edges with Memento Dessert Sand ink.  
  • I added the copper heart washi tape along the top and bottom and pulled out my sewing machine to add a zig zag stitch along the tape.
  • Using the rust paper that I trimmed from the inside of the sheet, I flipped it over and used the blush color to mat my photo. Then I added a larger white mat and inked the edges.  Using some foam dots, I added the photo to the page.
  • Now for the gorgeous embellishments!  I used the roses, tags and labels from the Reagan kit along with the striped banner and "sweet" from the Mila kit.  In addition, the white foam "Moments" is also from the Mila kit.
  • I stamped the "Prom" using Hero Arts letter stamps and the date on textured white cardstock, trimmed them to size and added the labels.  NOTE: I didn't stamp "Prom" directly on the tag because I didn't have Staz-on ink in the rust color and I was afraid it might smear.
  • Finally, I added some copper sequins to finish off the page.



Have a wonderful day & thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs