Friday, April 7, 2017

Hip Kit ~ Shall We Read?

Over the last few weeks, I've been working on telling some heartfelt stories about my family.  Last week I shared my Party of 4 layout and this is another one that has special meaning to me.  It tells the story of when the kids were little and we would spending hours reading before bed.  I loved those times!   I saw a beautiful layout by Erika Lopez-Shearer using the March Hip Kit that she posted on the Hip Kit Facebook Page & I used much of it as inspiration for this page.  I can't find Erika's blog, but if I do I'll be sure to link it.)



All of the supplies on this page are from the March Hip Kit Main Kit ~ lots of pretty elements included in this kit!  I hope you enjoy the story!



Journaling from my page:

When the kids were little, we went to the Library all the time.  We would check out stacks & stacks of picture books ~ usually 20 to 30!  It was always fun finding a new favorite story or series.  Once we arrived home, I usually found them curled up on the couch devouring the new picture books.  On the weeks that daddy traveled, we usually had an early dinner, put our PJs on, and cuddled up in my bed.  Megan on my right side and Matt on my left.  We read for hours before bedtime.  The kids took turn picking out a book for me to read to them.  I loved those nights & I miss them.  Megan loved Madeline and Dorrie the Witch; Matt loved any book about cars, trucks or trains.  They both loved: Moo, Baa, La La La; Barn Yard Dance; But Not the Hippopotamus; Goodnight Moon; Chicka Chicka Boom Boom; Winnie the Pooh; Richard Scary books; and We’re Going on a Bear Hunt.  I’m so glad I spent so much time reading to my kids when they were little.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs