Friday, July 6, 2012

OCL Challenge #124...Die Cuts!

It's challenge day!  Yes, it's Friday and another new challenge from Our Craft Lounge is upon us!  Today we are using die cuts on our projects.  I know you probably use the great steel dies like Spellbinders or Quickuts shapes on most of your cards ~ but maybe try and dig out some of the dies you may not use very often or some fun shapes...  



For my card today, I used a sentiment from the Spring Sketches stamp set along with Vintage Swirls for the background.  There isn't a ton of stamping, but what I did stamp add the perfect touches to my card.  For my die cuts, I did pull out my Spellbinders ovals; however, I also used a scallop edge for the cork border and some pattern paper from My Mind's Eye to die cut the butterflies for the finishing touches.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.



Now it's your turn to play along ~ just visit the OCL Blog to see all the details.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs