Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


Today is the day for all kinds of spooky & sweet fun. We love Halloween in our neighborhood because we always have a little potluck dinner and then the kids go trick-or-treating in one big group. We live in a pretty small neighborhood, so we just leave bags of treats for the kids on the porch and they come home with plenty to eat, share and trade.

My fun little creations today is a card and matching broom stick decoration. For the broom, I took a brown paper lunch sack, cut the bottom off and put it through our paper shredder. Then I went out into the yard & found a good stick. I trimmed the ends of the sliced up paper bag and then attached it to the stick with linen thread. I just wrapped it around and around until it felt secure and then added the little cat tag (using the Spook-tacular set by Our Craft Lounge) to the broom. It was really pretty easy!


For my card, I used the fantastic Halloween paper from My Minds Eye called Boo to You ~ super cute set of graphics on these papers. I can't wait to use them for some scrapbook pages. I also fluffed up the spider with Coffee Bean Brown Sparkly Fluff!

And here is the cute little tag that I put on the broom. The sweet little kitty is stamped in Palette Burnt Umber ink, all glittered up with my atyou Spica glitter pens and cut out with my oval Nestabilities.



Note: All the detials for supplies (with links) are mentioned above.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Debbie Corbari said...

You ROCK Kendra! That pumpkin spewing out seeds is GROSS...but I LOVE IT! And *of course* I love your card and broom too! ;) Totally FABULOUS!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs