Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine Fortune Cookies...

THIS is my favorite Valentine project of the year! I LOVE IT!!!

I've had this fun little take-out box since last year & knew I was going to use it again. I ran over to the local Chinese restaurant and picked up some fortune cookies & then pulled out my little Wilton chocolate melting pot to dip them in. I just held on to the top and then dipped just one side, laid them on a cookie tray (covered with parchment paper), and then drizziled Valentine sprinkles on top! After they were finished, I put them into the fridge for about a half hour for the chocolate to set.


The pretty little take out box was already striped, so I just added the beautiful stamped image form the set called So Much Love by Lizzie Anne Designs. You may notice that I used my wonderful Sparkly Fluff on the birds from Our Craft Lounge ~ TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Enjoy! And don't forget to read your fortune!

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Lizzie Anne Designs (So Much Love); Cardstock ~ SU; Ink ~ Palette, Copics; Nestabilities (ovals & scallop ovals); SU Ribbon; Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge).

11 comments:

Deb said...

Kendra, these are soooooooo cute! I bet they're delicious too! What a great Valentine's Day gift!

Teri said...

What yummy cookies! So pretty!

i {heart} papers said...

Totally adorable!!!!

MichelleY said...

OMW...this is a DARLING project! Love the fortune cookie idea....Love the decorated box but I'm over-the-moon for the sparkly flock! LOVE how it makes the birds POP off the label.

Carol said...

Those look just so amazing and they sound so simple to do as well. That is going to make a great little gift for someone.

whoistracy said...

These look delicious!! I'm not a fortune cookie fan but covered in chocolate I would be. LOL

Tracey said...

WHat a fantastic gift idea! Yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! These are the most delightful fortune cookies I have ever seen! What a terrific project!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Kendra, these are so cute! I have some fun Valentine sprinkles that I got last year at 90% off. I was planning to dip pretzels, but may have to stop by the Chinese Garden for some fortune cookies.

I love the box and that glitter looks like so much fun!

wendyp said...

These look so YUMMY! And that box is too cute! Love this idea!

Katie said...

love the "fluff"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs