Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wedding Madness...

So would you like to see what I've been up to for the last 3 months? Well it's been WEDDING MADNESS! A friend of mine asked if I would make her wedding invitations for her and of course that also included the RSVP card, the favors, ceremony programs, and thank you notes.....

The process started out with a meeting to discuss colors and basic ideas. Then I made 5 different invitations for her to preview. This lead to making the final decision on the layout and embellishments. After that I made one copy of the final product for her approval and then ordered the supplies. Once the supplies came in, my sister (who is an angel), came to visit for 5 days and she helped me cut, stamp, emboss, tie ribbon, glitter, and prep all the pieces for assembly. Then one Saturday in January, the bride and her friends came over and we assembled everything and stuffed the envelopes. WOW ~ what a job!

Here is the inside of the gatefold invitation. We used a magnet closure so the ribbon would not have to be untied.

The wedding program is below & I am so pleased with how it turned out. It's hard to see, but the edge is embossed just like the invitation.

Here are all the programs on the table after I put Stickles on the flowers.

I still have the wedding favors to finish and the thank you notes, but slowly this huge job is coming to an end! I'll just say this ~ I won't be going into the wedding invitation business. But I am thrilled with how everything has turned out ~ and the bride is pretty happy too!

ETA: Even a year after this post, I am still getting questions about these pretty invitations. So here are a few notes I have passed on:

The measurements:
Finished card - 5 1/4" square
Card base size - 11 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Score marks for gate fold - 3 1/4" & 8 1/2" (the inside square should be 5 1/4")

Print your text for the inside of the invite on cardstock first (2 per page) and then cut to the size you need.

Since this is a square invite, the cost to mail is more. Also, this particular invite was pretty heavy because of all the layers and the magnet.

Tip: whatever invite you make (or buy), make sure you mail one to yourself with all the pieces (map, RSVP & return envelope) to make sure you have the proper postage and that you are happy with how it held up during mailing.

The finished RSVP & Thank You cards were 3 1/2" x 5" & used the same envelopes.

Envelopes - These are what we used:
Invite
RSVP


Supplies: Stamps ~ Stampin' Up!; Cardstock ~ SU (black), Bazzill (Forget-me-not), Papertrey Ink (ivory); Ink ~ SU; Nestabilities; Stickles ~ Champaign; Ribbon ~ SU (vanilla), May Arts (velvet); Cuddlebug Embossing Folder.

13 comments:

Candy said...

Oh my goodness, Kendra!! That has been a huge job - but I must say that your invitations etc. are just beautiful! They are so stunning. You have done an awesome job and I hope you are proud of yourself?

Vicki G said...

Kendra, these are just beautiful......made with love! She is a lucky lady!


Vicki

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOWZERS!!! You have been busy PLUS posting new goodies to the blog everyday!

Anonymous said...

I know it was a huge job, but they are absolutely beautiful - so elegant. Such a lucky bride!

Anonymous said...

I did a mere 40 invitations for a friends small wedding and that took a while. What a job - but the outcome is gorgeous. Congrats.

MichelleY said...

Kendra, You are AMAZING! I was lucky enough to see these in person. They are so professionally designed and crafted. What a spectacular keepsake for the lucky couple. I'm sure whatever the bride is paying you is not enough to cover all the hours you have invested. You have such a generous heart!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY thankful for all that you have done!! You are a blessing to me and I know that I could not of done this without you. I have received a lot of compliments on these invitations. These pictures do not do them justice...but I will forever know how beautiful they are.

i {heart} papers said...

Beautiful!! Lovely job!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kendra!
These are a work from the heart! I just love your exquisite design!

Terri said...

Kendra,
I love the embossing, what folder did you use? The embossing on the response card is so elegant!
These are outstanding!
Thanks so much for sharing.

...Tonie, Tonie, Tonie... said...

these are gorgeous! Oh so elegant, really spectacular

Oma said...

I love them! So elegant and classy! You should be proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow, Kendra! These are beyond gorgeous and elegant. You did an incredible job on these. You should be very proud of yourself. I luv luv luv your designs. I've got to ask... what colour the papers are? or if you'd post the recipe once you are done & rested of course! anytime. A+++ :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs