Friday, February 20, 2009

Inchie Friday ~ A Cherry on Top!

Inchie Friday is back & I am loving this page! I really enjoy playing with my Copic markers & I love using them to get some great shading.

Now you can't have an ice cream sundae without a Cherry on TOP ~ right? When I saw this cute little cherry stamp and this fun cherry paper, I knew exactly what page I was going to make with it. We love to have an ice cream sundae bar as a special dessert & I just love this picture of my little guy.

This week I used the Itty Bitty Checked Border stamp with the Itty Bitty Cherry stamp from Lockhart Stamp Company as an accent to my page. First I stamped the border in black Palette ink & then I stamped the cherry stamp in black pigment ink and heat embossed it because I really wanted it to stand out on the white Inchie square. I used the same cherry stamp around the border of the page & on the white journaling square. The little cherry accent not only ties all of the elements together on the page, but it also covers up something on the photograph that was a bit distracting ~ shhhhh.... don't tell anyone.

When you stamp on a journaling block(or anything with words), make sure you stamp off first. Meaning, ink your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper and then stamp on your cardstock. The image will be just a bit lighter and you'll still be able to read your journaling.

Supplies Used: White Inchie Squares ~ Inchie Arts; Cardstock & Pattern Paper ~ SU; Lettering ~ Cricut (Alphalicious cartridge); Ink ~ SU pigment ink & Palette ink, Copic markers; Curly Label Punch ~ SU; Stamps ~ Lockhart Stamp Co.

2 comments:

MichelleY said...

What a darling page! Matt looks so cute with his bowl of ice cream....with a Cherry on Top!!! The papers and stamps are PERFECT!

Anonymous said...

What a cute layout, Kendra!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs