Monday, February 18, 2008

Runnin' on Empty...

Can't you just hear that song playing now? I'm sure some of you are to young to remember the old Jackson Brown song. Ever since I made this card Friday night, I can't get it out of my head.

These stamps are from the new set by Hanna Stamps called Route 66. The set will be released this Friday, February 22nd. This isn't the main image of the set, but it was the first idea I had ~ so that's what I made. I'll have a few more samples to show you in the next few days.

Circle Writing Tip: The "Runnin' On Empty" words were made using Microsoft Word's Word Art. Here are the steps:

Go to Insert>Picture>Word Art.
Select the half-circle shape with simple black letters (the third shape in the top row). In the box, shoose your font and size, then type your text and click OK. Click on your words to select them, and the Word Art tool bar will appear. Click the WordArt Shape button, and choose Circle (Curve) from the menu. The words will be all messed up. Click on your text again to select it, and go to Format>WordArt. Click the Size tab and enter the height and width (set them the same for a circle). I used 1.2" x 1.2" so I it would fit inside the punch I was using. Click the Colors and Lines tab. Under Fill, select a color for your type. Under Line, select No Line. Then click OK. (I found this tip in Simple Scrapbooks Magazine).

Supplies Used: Stamps ~ Hanna Stamps (Route 66); Paper ~ Stampin' Up!; Ink ~ Palette Black, Copic Markers; Embossing Plate ~ Cuttlebug; Punches, Brads and Ribbon ~ Stampin' Up!.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Accck! It's a perfect guy card! A perfect rider's card! Love this, Kendra!

~Tex

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a fun card and I just love the sentiment!!

StampOwl said...

great card and tut on the word art ... gonna try that on my hanna card too and lots of other stuff too

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

SO cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula Wade said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the word art...I was trying to do just that the other day and couldn't figure it out... So thanks! Cute card!

Jean said...

Thank you for the tutorial, and showing us your fabulous card!

Kristi said...

omg Kendra, this ROCKS!!!!!!
You are the best. Thanks for showing us how to do this. Ok Now I have to figure it all out. As you know, I am NOT very computer savvy...:)

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to do this for months, and couldn't figure it out.
Your directions were GREAT.
Thanks
smallcity

Aleks said...

That is such a cute sentiment...I really like this card!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your cute card and the tutorial.I hope i can follow it as i am new at this. I an 66 and still learning how to use my computer. Diana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs