Monday, March 6, 2017

Explore ~ One Little Word February Prompts

Good Monday Morning!  Today I thought I'd share my February pages for the Ali Edwards One Little Word Workshop that I'm participating in this year.  As you may recall, my word is Explore and in January, the prompts dealt with defining your word & how you wanted to interact with your word in 2017.  In February, the Ali challenged us to pick a daily practice and record our progress. My word originated with this intent ~ "Exploring my life through photos and stories"... so for my daily practice I decided to take a daily photo & record why it was meaningful.   I really wanted to be intentional about taking a photo with meaning behind it so that it wasn't just about the action of taking the photo.



Before I begin the February section, I wanted to rewind back to January and share how I documented my actions for that month for each of my four goals.  The Action cards are digital cards that come with the OLW workshop.  I pulled up the card in Photoshop Elements and added my text.   My goals were to sign up for a Bible study at our church, make a decision about my last card making design team, using my new scrapbooking kits, and start some online classes.  I had a very productive month!

Next, I started working on my February pages.  Since the act of photography was my daily practice, I decided to go on Pinterest and look for some quotes with photos.  I love this one because my practice wasn't about getting the "perfect" photo this month, but more about "why" I took the photo.   It wasn't a complicated daily practice... it needed to be something do-able.  I may do this Daily Practice again this year at some point and make it a bit more challenging, but I'm happy with what I picked for this time.


I also found the next quote on Pinterest and thought it was a good one.  For documenting the daily practice page, I printed out the "Practice" card and the tracking card.  I added what my practice would be and my reasons why using Photoshop Elements and added the heart stamps using the One Little Word Icon stamp set & red ink.  As you can see, I did well taking a meaningful photo each day.  I did start a day late on February 2nd, but I ended up finishing up on March 1st, so I recorded it.

For the camera insert, I used a Taylored Expression die & a stamp from an older Ali Edwards set.


On my next page I share my action card and my reflections for the month of February.  I also printed out another picture quote from Pinterest for my filler card.

For the Make it Meaningful full page, I recorded on the computer why I took each photo.  I typed this up in Word and printed it on Kraft cardstock.  This is the first half of the month.


For my next two pages, I printed out each daily photo (4 on each 4x6 photo paper), and trimmed it with a 2" circle punch.  I made the photos small because I wanted them to fit on one 2-page layout in my album.  I added the numbers from a Stampin' Up! Calendar Number set & wrote a quick word or two on each photo.  As a border at the top and bottom, I stamped a phrase stamp from an older Ali Edwards photo stamp set.


So I could keep the photos all together for display, the last page of February is the second half of the Make it Meaningful document.


So there are my February pages for my OLW workshop.  Now I'm working on the March prompts which are vision boards for my word.  I'll probably share those soon.

Thanks for stopping by today & enjoy your day!


3 comments:

Janet said...

Stopping by from OLW on Facebook. Great job! Love the way you put it all together. I am taking a photo a day all year and documenting them in a journal. I like the photo quote about it being a return ticket!

Michelle said...

Where can I find the stamp or finished product in your project that says We take photos as a return ticket ...? michellemallett23@gmail.com

Kendra said...

Hi Michelle, that is actually a photo I found on Pinterest. If you go to my Pinterest page it is on my olw board.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs