Monday, February 8, 2016

Gina K Tutorial & Challenge!

Hi Friends!  I am hosting the Gina K Designs ~ Stamp TV Challenge today for the first time & thought you might like to play along.  The challenge today is to use KRAFT CARDSTOCK!  Why KRAFT?  Because it goes with ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!  As long as there is KRAFT cardstock somewhere on your project, it counts!  {Challenge details are linked at the end of my post}

Here is my project using the new incentive stamp set called Coffee Therapy.  It can be yours for FREE with a $75 order from Gina K Designs!  And... I have a bonus today a tutorial on how I made the coffee rings with my Spectrum Aqua Markers ~ just keep scrolling down!


Step 1: Gather supplies.  Spectrum Aqua Markers (Sepia, Chocolate); Plastic Palette (or non-stick craft mat works well too); coffee mug; kraft cardstock and Coffee Therapy stamp set.  NOTE: Make sure you use waterbased markers for this technique, NOT alcohol ink markers.



Step 2: Scribble both Spectrum Aqua colors on the plastic palette.  I used the center of my palette because you need a larger area than the small wells.


Step 3: Using a mister, spray some water on the ink (no more than one or two is plenty).


Step 4: Pull out a coffee mug from your cabinet and use it like a stamp to the ink on the palette.


Step 5: Twist it around to get some ink on the mug.


Step 6: Stamp the mug on the cardstock to make the coffee ring.


Step 7: Repeat inking and stamping for the desired number of coffee rings.  Clean up: Because the Spectrum Aquas are waterbased ink, just use a wet paper towel or a baby wipe to clean up the ink.



Step 8: I also added some ink splatter to my card front after the rings were stamped.  You can find that technique HERE (I used the Chocolate Spectrum Aqua Marker for the ink Splatter).

HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!


Check out how you can play along in my challenge this week ~ Stamp TV MIUM Challenge Information!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Cute card. Love the 'actual' coffee rings--fun and creative to use the coffee mug.

Becky said...

Very cute. I make rings like that sometimes with objects. Depends on what size I need as to what I use. Sometimes the cap off of water or an empty acrylic paint bottle if I need a small one, sometimes the bottom of a paper cup, it's amazing what things you can find to use. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs