Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting for Daisy...

Hello Hello!  I hope your day is filled with sunshine today! 

Yesterday, I decided that after finishing 42 pages in my Alaska Project, I would take a break and scrapbook some photos that I've been wanting to work on since I took them last May. 

As you know, we have two dogs ~ Jazmine & Pico.  They love to go out in our backyard and play together.  Well last spring the little schnauzer mutt who lives behind us, saw our dogs playing and she little by little, she  inched her way closer and closer to our yard.  Before we knew it, Daisy was running around like crazy with our dogs and it's become a daily play date ever since.   Now if Daisy isn't out, our dogs will sit at the edge of the property and wait for her.  And if our dogs aren't out, Daisy will sit and wait for them.  It's so cute!  On this beautiful May day, Jazz was waiting & I'm so happy I captured it.


I used four different pattern papers from the October Afternoon collection called Modern Homemaker.   Since I only have an 8x8 pad of this paper & my page is 12x12, I decided to do a color block page.  I also used some chipboard flowers on my page from Maya Road because her name after all is DAISY!



Here is a close up of the smaller photos and the journaling.  I didn't have a decent photo of Pico and Daisy and wanted to make sure Pico was included in the layout, so I added her to the smaller yellow scallop circle.



The cool polka-dotted letters are from American Crafts & I think they are perfect for this page!  I can't believe I had them in my stash ~ AND...I can't believe I found & used them!  Usually I find things after the project is finished.



Here are Jazz and Daisy playing in the sprinkler ~ they are so funny!


So that's what I was up to yesterday ~ I hope you enjoyed my page.  I'll have some cards to share this week, but right now I'm having fun with my pages.

1 comment:

lynda said...

I clipped this one too. Love the color combo. Also, the smaller photos as part of the flowers. Also, relating the dog's name to flowers on the page, etc., etc.!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs