Friday, July 8, 2011

OCL Challenge #73...CAS Flowers

Another week is finishing up, but the stamping fun just never stops!  This week the OCL challenge is CAS (Clean & Simple) week but you have to include FLOWERS on your project.  You have to admit, that's a pretty easy challenge since Our Craft Lounge has so many wonderful flower sets to choose from ~ huh?  Here is your inspiration photo to work from...



And this is what I came up with for my challenge project this week.  I've been holding on to this great little notebook for at least a year and a half just to use with the Fabulous Florals stamps set.  I have picked it up several times, but didn't really know what I wanted to do with it, so I put it back in the drawer {with all the other dollar store/Target trinkets that have been sitting there ... FOREVER!}.



So here's what I did for the Notebook... I stamped the flower image using the Fabulous Florals set in white ink on the yellow cardstock.  Then I embossed it with white powder & trimmed it.  I tied the black gingham ribbon around the front cover of the notebook and added the flower with a Pop-Up Glue Dot.  I used some alphabet stamps to write "Notes" on the journaling oval that was already preprinted on the cover.

For the card, I stamped the same flower in white ink on black cardstock.  Scalloped the edge of the card to mimic the edge of the notebook.  I stamped the sentiment using the Say it with Flowers set to add. 

Now it's your turn to come up with something fun for the challenge.  You can see all the details on the OCL Blog.

3 comments:

MichelleY said...

WOWZERS!!! I LOVE bright colors paired with black and white. The color just POP of the screen. I can't imagine how amazing it looks in real life!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW is right! I rarely use this color of yellow, but matched with black makes this so bright, cheery and bold!

Stephanie said...

Whoa, so birght and cheerful, love the color combo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs