Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Scrapping Again...

 Well I finished a project and IT FEELS GREAT!   We love to travel and whenever I get home from a vacation, I always take the time to organize, edit and print my photos.  Then I slide the photos into divided page protectors until I have a chance to scrapbook them.  I feel like if that part gets done, then we can at least look at the albums and enjoy the memories, even if the pages aren't finished. 

Well last week I needed a break from working on cards and decided it was time to pick up one of my trip albums and work on it.  I have been purchasing lots of different travel & camping scrapbooking supplies and had them in a box ready to go.  I decided to use the travel papers & embellishments from Little Yellow Bicycle and some camping papers from Bo Bunny ~ super cute and so easy to coordinate all of your pages.  I usually buy a few sheets of each of my favorite pattern papers, go through and pick out several colors of coordinating cardstock and then buy several coordinating items like sticker borders, sticker words, and chipboard embellishments. 
 
Below are the divided page protectors from We R Memory Keepers that I use ~ they come in several different layouts that fit all sizes of pictures, brochures and journalling blocks.   I always type up my journalling because it helps me remember more details, I can include more information and it just looks nicer.
I love adding the word stickers from the Little Yellow Bicycle travel line ~ they are the perfect touch.
If your picture doesn't fit correctly into the slot available, I usually either edit it in my photo software and change the direction, or I crop off any unnecessary background & make it fit.


Just make sure your pages and embellishments are pretty flat ~ otherwise they won't slide into the pockets.


Using stamps on your pages is perfect for this type of project.  Not only do they make great backgrounds, but you can use them throughout the pages of your album to coordinate your pages and keep things simple.


When your embellishments don't really match one of the events in your pictures, just pick out something that coordinates and go with it.  I didn't really want to use the travel papers with my zoo pictures, so I dug into my stash of goodies and found something that looked great with the rest of my album.


So those are just a few of the many pages I completed.  There are about 90 pages all together ~ some have more detail on them and some are all uncropped photos that were just slid into the pockets.  That's the beauty of these albums. 

I still have several more trip albums organized and ready to go ~ New York City (2007), Las Vegas (2007), Mexican Rivera Cruise (2005), New England Cruise (2008), and a Southern Caribbean Cruise from earlier this year.  The photos all sit in albums similar to this and are ready to go ~ now to find the time.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Great pages, Kendra! I love the colors! I like how your pictures are the focal point, not all sorts of fancy embellishments that take hours. ;-) I have a scrapbook that I need to complete only 3 more pages in... you have inspired me!

Lorelei said...

I love this idea!! I bought some of these page protectors last week just for this sort of scrapping. Funny how you'd already thought of that. Great pages.

Lana said...

Kendra, I love your pages. Our favorite family vacation was to South Dakota. Looks like your family had fun!

AShu93 said...

Such a great idea! And I love the waterfall photo on the first page. My parents went there on their honeymoon & we had that photo in our living room for many years.

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Great pages Kendra, they turned out really nice! I'm with you, I like to type out my journaling, mostly because I don't like my handwriting and it's crooked.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs