Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday's Book Review

Hey Peeps ~ I know you've come here expecting a card or papercrafting project, but I've been doing a lot of reading lately & thought that every now and then I'd throw in some recommended reading.  I have been the library director of our chruch library for the past 10 years & have bought A LOT of materials for our shelves.  Now just so you know, our library is not a shelf of books in the hallway that collects dust ~ we have over 7,000 pieces in our beautiful facility & I am so blessed to be part of this wonderful ministry. 




So my very first recommendation is the book I just finished last night called While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin.   It's a wonderful story that takes place during WWII that shows the many similarities between the Jewish and Christian faiths.  There are several main characters in this book and it's very interesting to watch them grow up and grow in their faith.   I highly recommend this book (as well as any other book by Lynn Austin). 
OK ~ I'm off to start a new book.  Happy reading!

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love Lynn Austin and will have to look for this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs