Sunday, October 24, 2010

A few Challenge Cards

 For my projects today, I played along on a few challenges ~ The Play Date Cafe Challenge & the Unity Hip Hop Sketch Challenge #30.   This week I discovered this challenge site called The Play Date Cafe.  They have a weekly color challenge and they also put a photo on their site as an inspiration piece.  This week colors were yellow, pink and orange ~ yummy!  I will be going back to play again on these challenges.

For my first card I used a soft yellow and orange.  I tried to get the pink in there, but I just wasn't happy with it, so I took it out.  But I do think the super sparkly butterfly image from Unity's Super Sweet set turned out cute!  I also added the Distressed Dots background stamp to the card base and to the die cut butterflies.


For my second card, I also used this week's Unity Hip Hop Sketch Challenge #30 & the colors from the Play Date Cafe Challenge.   I managed to get the pink and yellow in this card, but the orange just didn't work it's way in.


Supplies from i{heart}papers:

Butterfly Card:
Stamps ~ Unity (Super Sweet, Distressed Dots)
Ink ~ Palette (Sunflower, Orangerie)
Gems ~ Zva (Orange Crystals)
Nestabilities ~ Circle, Big Scallop Circle
Copic Marker ~ YR18 (used to color white ribbon)

Cup of Happy:
Stamps ~ Unity (Hodge Podge of Happiness)
Ink ~ Palette (Noir)
Copic Markers ~ Y21, R81, R83, R85
Gems ~ Hero Arts

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, great sentiment to go along with your coffee cup. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Andrea Ewen said...

Sweet butterflies and wonderful bling! Great use of our colors this week! Thanks for playing along with our special 1 year anniversary celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Love your cards Kendra....very sweet!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! Love the trail of butterflies on your pdcc card! Lovely use of the colors and glad you played along with us at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Lovely cards! I love the wording inside your butterfly on the first one and your second cuppa one is SUCH a fab sentiment and the colours and design look great with it! Thanks for joining in with us for our anniversary celebrations this week at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just loooooooove that butterfly stamp by Unity! Great card--Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with our one year anniversary celebration over at the PDCC:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs