Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pleated Ribbon Flower


Happy Tuesday ~ at least I hope it is for all of us!  I've been a bit down lately wondering if it's time to make some changes {creatively speaking}.  I saw a great card on Facebook yesterday by Susan Opel & it inspired me to try a technique I've been wanting to do ~ and I hoped it might get my juices flowing.

Anyway, I love all the ribbon and fabric flowers I've seen out there & thought this pleated ribbon from Maya Roads would work great for the technique ~ and it does! 

So how do you do it?  Here ya go ~ I simply started with a 2" cardstock circle and added a sheet of Scor-tape to it.  Then I started around the outside of the circle adding the pleated ribbon.  It works so well because it already has the breaks in the ribbon & turns beautifully.  Just keep wrapping the ribbon around toward the center and cut the ribbon.  Finish with a brad to hide the edge of the ribbon ~ Easy Peasy!

Supplies from i{heart}papers: Pattern Paper ~ Crate Paper (Restoration); Sentiment ~ Unity December Store Kit of the Month; Ink ~ Palette; Trim ~ Maya Road; Pleated Ribbon ~ Maya Road; Embossing Folder ~ Quickuts; Epoxy Brad ~ Basic Grey.

5 comments:

AShu93 said...

This looks fabulous! I love the ribbon flower.

Lorelei said...

Love the flower, what a great idea. The card is fabulous!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Beautiful flower! I haven't tried making those yet.

i {heart} papers said...

Yup, totally love this card!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Kendra, this has got to be one of my favorites...Absolutely love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs